• Reach
    • Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Harris
    • Murphy
    • Luongo
    • Nuhiu

Wrote up my match review on Sunday, but didn't realise i hadn't clicked post and now its gone forever :ghoulguy:

We were dreadful, nobody above a 6 for me. Forget about the players, this loss was on Bullen - tactically we were all over the place, playing 2 strikers didn't work. Not because they played bad, but because they were never in the game because they had no service...unless we count long hoof balls from the back towards Fletcher as service...

Second there was NOBODY looking to play actual football through the middle of the pitch, it was either Hutchinson AND Bannan both confusingly dropping deep for the ball, or us passing it around the back 4 which almost always ended up with Fox/Palmer giving it away with a long hopeful ball forward.

FF gets a special mention as not only did he win the penalty, I felt on the rare occasion we got the ball to him around the box he was actually trying to make things happen. Fletcher, Hutchinson & Borner all 6's too for putting in a 'shift'. Nobody in particular was stand out bad but I felt like Bannan, Fox and irofa were all very clumsy in possession (usually don't scapegoat Fox but he did lose the ball 3 times in the first 5 minutes and gave the ball away for their opener), Ifora had no chemistry at all with Borner and it showed, positioning was all over the place and Bannan never got in the game at all.

Edited by Lionel Fessi

1 hour ago, Lionel Fessi said:

Wrote up my match review on Sunday, but didn't realise i hadn't clicked post and now its gone forever :ghoulguy:

We were dreadful, nobody above a 6 for me. Forget about the players, this loss was on Bullen - tactically we were all over the place, playing 2 strikers didn't work. Not because they played bad, but because they were never in the game because they had no service...unless we count long hoof balls from the back towards Fletcher as service...

Second there was NOBODY looking to play actual football through the middle of the pitch, it was either Hutchinson AND Bannan both confusingly dropping deep for the ball, or us passing it around the back 4 which almost always ended up with Fox/Palmer giving it away with a long hopeful ball forward.

FF gets a special mention as not only did he win the penalty, I felt on the rare occasion we got the ball to him around the box he was actually trying to make things happen. Fletcher, Hutchinson & Borner all 6's too for putting in a 'shift'. Nobody in particular was stand out bad but I felt like Bannan, Fox and irofa were all very clumsy in possession (usually don't scapegoat Fox but he did lose the ball 3 times in the first 5 minutes and gave the ball away for their opener), Ifora had no chemistry at all with Borner and it showed, positioning was all over the place and Bannan never got in the game at all.

It was a classic case of shoehorning.. FF is never a foil for a front two..

He altered the formation to accommodate one player imo.. Bullen will never be a manager..and I like him..

Five days later and I can only just bear to look at this without wanting to cry, or have a temper tantrum!

The whole spectacle was poor for the Owls. Most of the team struggled to look average, with Westwood, Fox and Borner  at least having a good go at steadying the defence with Iorfa and Palmer both having a shocker, the whole midfield looked limp, unfit and without any idea of how to attack or defend, with only Reach and Hutch looking anything like and Fletcher left on his own up front fighting for scraps.

I gave it to Fletcher, because he had nothing much to work with and I had full confidence in him scoring his penalty when he started his run up from the right side of the goal, so that he could kick the ball either side of their goalie. I only really voted though to see what everybody else thought.

A true shocker which showed up a lot of the players for having very little self belief or belief in their teammates.    

22 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

It was a classic case of shoehorning.. FF is never a foil for a front two..

He altered the formation to accommodate one player imo.. Bullen will never be a manager..and I like him..

Correct.

The big danger is on paper Saturdays team looked very good however watching them all play together was a totally different story.

The Luton, Rotherham, Preston, Milwall and QPR games have all been eye openers for me, games that we should be winning comfortably but I felt we were second best in all of them - we have the talent in the squad to play better we need a manager who gets us playing like we all know we can. 

I can't see Bullen being appointed, if the fans can see it then I'm sure Chansiri can, he's no fool.