Supporter information

A home fixture against the Blades last season has produced a whirlwind of negativity towards the club and the ground.

I know the world is full of conspiracy theories but I ask you

is someone at SAG, Sheffield Council or SYP attempting to close down  Hillsborough.

I went to both matches home and away last season and the policing at Bramall Lane was appalling. The worst of the other 20 away matches I attended.

So where do we go from here?

The club has some powerful friends who know their way around Sheffield politics. 

IMO we are under attack from corrupt forces.

the same company what has started working for us also work at Rotherham ,never seen such a bunch of idiots last night ,they could have caused a riot with there heavy handed approach ,ie tango has a laugh with everyone ,he gets abuse from away crowd and gives it back its fun an its called banter totally harmless he has no problems from 98% stewards elsewhere , yet last night if it was leeds or millwall in the away end and they started been heavy handed like they did with a few of our supporters im sure it wouldn't have ended well. these kind of cretins are trying to take the fun out of life. the way he was man handled was crazy it was if they(stewards) were trying to make a name for themselves. 

1 hour ago, Flat Owl said:

More knock ons as a consequence from the first decision to provide unreasonable segregation to closing the exit onto Leppings Lane and then closure of part of the North Stand...

Closure of both carriageways is unnecessary IMO.

They will be expecting the club to pay for smart signage all the way back to the bottom of Netherthorpe Road next to advise motorists that Penistone Road is closed and diversions are in place....

Where will it end.

It’s better than closing the north!

7 hours ago, vulva said:

Daft question of the day. 

Coming from town down Penistone Road (or other way tbf) wtf are they diverting traffic to?

Don't panic... I've just driven down Penistone Road tonight and there are hundreds of workmen with shovels digging an underpass from Wadsley Bridge to Owlerton.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, S25OWL said:

Only became a problem once leppings lane was closed ... that's the whole point !!

Nope Penistone Road was still an accident waiting to happen even before this change. It should always have been closed for a temporary period. Ask yourselves why at the height of the terrorist threat there were armed police outside.

Said closures is no different to most other grounds in built up areas. 

Surely it's just a quick Herries Road diversion. Have a copper stood at the Charlie Browns right turn waving traffic though on (redundant) red lights to keep it moving. Another copper on Herries Rd junction at the timber yard helping people get out coming from the other direction to ease traffic flow.

1 minute ago, bigrbuk said:

Surely it's just a quick Herries Road diversion. Have a copper stood at the Charlie Browns right turn waving traffic though on (redundant) red lights to keep it moving. Another copper on Herries Rd junction at the timber yard helping people get out coming from the other direction to ease traffic flow.

The police are there to just stand and watch the naughty Owls supporters, they are not there to do anything else except collect their overtime payments from our entry fees.

Besides, if they were to attempt to control the traffic they might be knocked down by the crowds flooding onto Penistone Road

7 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

Not for most on here.  I get the impression some have never been anywhere near the ground.

2 minutes ago, dumboldowl said:

The police are there to just stand and watch the naughty Owls supporters, they are not there to do anything else except collect their overtime payments from our entry fees.

Besides, if they were to attempt to control the traffic they might be knocked down by the crowds flooding onto Penistone Road

they must have got some work experience kids they can force to stand in the middle of the road?

Of course SAG could instead assess whether, with the Leppings Lane forecourt and turnstiles used by home fans as normal, there is sufficient safe holding capacity to accommodate the number of visiting QPR fans.   It would take all of 30 seconds to assess this.  The safe holding capacity figures are contained in the MMU report.  The club will know the number of away fans.  

Ill tell you what, I’ll even take an educated guess at the figures myself.  Safe holding capacity up to 2,295, QPR fans circa 500. 

Of course SAG won’t do this, as it would show the incompetent buffoons for what they are. 

In my opinion the temporary effect of the temporary road closures will only serve to advance SAG/SCC/SYPs end game.