Supporter information

Important supporter information

Just now

Revised road traffic measures designed to maximise the supporter experience following Owls home games have been given the green light.

Both carriageways of Penistone Road will be closed for up to an hour on Saturday matchdays from 4.30pm after the club and Sheffield City Council agreed the measures this week.

Similar closures will also be in place for midweek kick-offs with a short diversion for motorists and other road users.

The club continue to work hand in hand with all the relevant authorities to ensure supporter safety remains paramount in all matchday planning strategies.

Thank you for your co-operation.

• Like 2

As in both lanes on the ground side of the road, or the road in both directions?

So it looks like SAG's power trip will be causing problems for passing motorists as well as fans, but as long as we're avoiding the potential for deadly pointing and shouting clashes with QPR's 400 strong army that's alright.

• Haha 9

Just now, alanharper said:

As in both lanes on the ground side of the road, or the road in both directions?

So it looks like SAG's power trip will be causing problems for passing motorists as well as fans, but as long as we're avoiding the potential for deadly pointing and shouting clashes with QPR's 400 strong army that's alright.

Road in both directions is my question too or how the hell do people get in and out of the old wednesdayite car park?

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

Daft question of the day. 

Coming from town down Penistone Road (or other way tbf) wtf are they diverting traffic to?

3 minutes ago, Howards back said:

God knows where the short diversions will take motorists, they will be well pi$$ed off. Someone else to complain about our club. 

2 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

So how do motorists heading towards town get round ? Middlewood rd is a no go because the tram gates operate from 3- 7 pm on saturdays..

Sheffield council strikes again.

2 minutes ago, matty1968 said:

I can see the 'short diversion' being via park side road and leppings lane knowing SAG

I can only see the northbound lanes will be closed and would imagine the diversion will be via Herries Rd South and Herries Road.

Leppings Lane is usually cllosed in both directions from aboutt  2.30ish.  If it remained open, the diversion could use Leppings Lane, Catch Bar Lane and Parkside Rd.  There is no need to go anywhere near the tram gate at Hillsborough corner.

Until the 'problems' at LL are resolved, what they've done looks like the sensible solution to me.