Supporter information

22 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Come on we complain that Penistone Road is an accident waiting to happen then complain that it is closed to prevent an accident. WTF do you want 

Only became a problem once leppings lane was closed ... that's the whole point !!

1 hour ago, alanharper said:

As in both lanes on the ground side of the road, or the road in both directions?

So it looks like SAG's power trip will be causing problems for passing motorists as well as fans, but as long as we're avoiding the potential for deadly pointing and shouting clashes with QPR's 400 strong army that's alright.

I’ve been pointed at,verbally abused, had stuff thrown at me, rude gestures...the lot... my lip trembles a bit but the wife always apologises afterwards so it’s like water off a ducks back now

I'm guessing, but presumably fans heading towards Middlewood who can no longer walk via the back of the south stand and Lepping lane, use Parkside Rd and Catch Bar Lane instead. So this route must be much busier with pedestrians than it used to be. Traffic cannot be diverted down here. That would be ludicrous and would just move the risk from one road to another. Indeed, this road should also be closed.

How far down Penistone Road?  What about shoppers coming out of the Barracks ? What about all the cars parked at the leisure centre, mr Clutch, Kwik fit etc (not just match traffic either). This level of stupidity is bizarre. 500 QPR fans, around 21,000 Owls, less than half the old capacity. How can making the whole North Stand empty at one side be safer than half going one way and half another. The general public (and Football fans) should not be treated this way, it's nothing short of outrageous.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Daft question of the day. 

Coming from town down Penistone Road (or other way tbf) wtf are they diverting traffic to?

I would presume it means West towards Leppings lane...If thats where the "Trouble" is?

If its West and East...It will be bloody chaotic

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

I would presume it means West towards Leppings lane...If thats where the "Trouble" is?

If its West and East...It will be bloody chaotic

Don’t they stop traffic coming up and down Leppings Lane after the match? And Parkside Road is chaos after. Loads of near misses as traffic head up towards Wadsley. 

Just now, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Is that the same Leppings Lane that they shut off to traffic before and after the game?

This. And Parkside Road after big games. The whole place will be gridlocked. They can’t shut Penistone Road. Only way from the M1 to Sheffield is to take them off over Grenoside, over Wadsley, Rivelin etc as bus gates stop you going down Middlewood Road. 

Having looked at the map, the only short detour as an alternative to Pensitone Road in the vicinity of the kop is via Parkside Road / Catch Bar Lane and Leppings Lane. That to me seems like removing a risk and replacing it with one 10 times worse. 

I can only imagine that they're doing half a job and allowing access to Herries Rd S from Penistone Rd (heading north) and only closing the section from Herries Rd S to the LL roundabout.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Having looked at the map, the only short detour as an alternative to Pensitone Road in the vicinity of the kop is via Parkside Road / Catch Bar Lane and Leppings Lane. That to me seems like removing a risk and replacing it with one 10 times worse. 

I can only imagine that they're doing half a job and allowing access to Herries Rd S from Penistone Rd (heading north) and only closing the section from Herries Rd S to the LL roundabout.

They can take traffic coming into Sheffield down past Radio Hallam, to rejoin Penistone Rosd after Charlie Browns, theoretically.