Evertons fans thoughts on drawing us.

37 minutes ago, prowl said:

The police would confiscate the evidence 'for their enquiries'. Then it would disappear. I've seen them do it before.

Many, many years ago my grandad told me the most useful invention ever was carbon paper. He used it extensively when writing to official bodies. Doesn't matter if the original disappears, there is always the exact copy. The same principle applies to modern means of communication/record keeping - keep at least one copy. If half a dozen fans record the same police incident it may make them think twice about their behavior.

6 minutes ago, Gildowl said:

Many, many years ago my grandad told me the most useful invention ever was carbon paper. He used it extensively when writing to official bodies. Doesn't matter if the original disappears, there is always the exact copy. The same principle applies to modern means of communication/record keeping - keep at least one copy. If half a dozen fans record the same police incident it may make them think twice about their behavior.

I've seen people recording the police roughing people up. Usually on their mobile. The police confiscated the mobile for evidence. It was never seen again. I've seen them take the memory card out of cameras and keep them then drop the camera on the floor.

I'm 64 years old, white, never been in trouble with the police and I wouldn't trust them ever. Sad state when they lose the support of honest law abiding people like me.

6 hours ago, prowl said:

I've seen people recording the police roughing people up. Usually on their mobile. The police confiscated the mobile for evidence. It was never seen again. I've seen them take the memory card out of cameras and keep them then drop the camera on the floor.

I'm 64 years old, white, never been in trouble with the police and I wouldn't trust them ever. Sad state when they lose the support of honest law abiding people like me.

Just upload to the cloud 

6 hours ago, prowl said:

I was at Orgreave mate where 99 of my fellow miners were arrested and taken to court...all of them got acquitted as the judge threw the police evidence out for being bent...like the Hillsborough disaster...however that day of justice is yet to come

• Like 2

6 hours ago, prowl said:

Agree entirely. Only when you actually come into contact with SYP at first hand do you realise how rubbish they are. If you need their help, it becomes even worse imo.

I lost any respect I had for the law years ago. No faith whatsoever these days. Must be an age thing. 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

The police can't confiscate your phone nor can they delete your pictures or even view them. If you do video the police then if possible record it to a cloud so you always have a copy. If approached by them be polite do not give them any personal information. They can only demand ID if they arrest you. 

Do not give your phone to the police. 

7 hours ago, prowl said:

Thankfully it works both ways.  I once got caught speeding (about 3mph over 30 at 11.30pm) and whilst the copper was explaining to me how bad I was and how they were going to throw away the key, he dropped the bloody camera.  Hearing the disappointment in his voice was almost heartbreaking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Agree entirely. Only when you actually come into contact with SYP at first hand do you realise how rubbish they are. If you need their help, it becomes even worse imo.

I lost any respect I had for the law years ago. No faith whatsoever these days. Must be an age thing. 

It's not just SYP.

I lived in Brighton, there was some football tournament on, world cup or something, it was summer, a lot of people were outside a very decent pub in a nice area. Everything was good natured, it was nothing to do with football rivalry, just people having a drink outside while I'm sure others might have been watching the football inside. An altercation between a couple of youngsters started and there was a bit of shouting and pushing. Some local guys stepped in to seperate the lads, one of the guys got punched but didn't respond and he was a big guy, it was nothing to him. Everything was settling down and it was blowing over but someone must have phoned the police because they rocked up after it was all over and settling down. 3 vans full of the buggers and they just waded into the people drinking outside the pub. Real aggressive riot squad stuff. Way out of order. People were hit with truncheons, cuffed. My nephew got arrested, he wasn't involved in the trouble at all. I was sat in my van waiting for my sister who lived a couple of doors away.

The police were so out of order some people started filming on their phones to record it. my sister started filming from her balcony with a proper video camera. Once the police spotted they were being filmed they went apesh!t, took peoples phones away as evidence, no receipts. Give up the phone or get arrested. One spotted my sister and walked into her house up to the first floor and took the memory out of her camera and then offered to give it back to her but it accidently fell off the balcony into the street below. She said he looked at her and said she was clumsy. She was 55 at the time and no troublemaker.

I saw it all but hadn't got a phone with me, I might have got away with it being in the van.

People complained but there was no evidence. Nothing ever got done.

I think plod turned up expecting a football hooligan style situation not a bit of handbags outside a pub.

That's why I don't trust them.

51 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's not just SYP.

I lived in Brighton, there was some football tournament on, world cup or something, it was summer, a lot of people were outside a very decent pub in a nice area. Everything was good natured, it was nothing to do with football rivalry, just people having a drink outside while I'm sure others might have been watching the football inside. An altercation between a couple of youngsters started and there was a bit of shouting and pushing. Some local guys stepped in to seperate the lads, one of the guys got punched but didn't respond and he was a big guy, it was nothing to him. Everything was settling down and it was blowing over but someone must have phoned the police because they rocked up after it was all over and settling down. 3 vans full of the buggers and they just waded into the people drinking outside the pub. Real aggressive riot squad stuff. Way out of order. People were hit with truncheons, cuffed. My nephew got arrested, he wasn't involved in the trouble at all. I was sat in my van waiting for my sister who lived a couple of doors away.

The police were so out of order some people started filming on their phones to record it. my sister started filming from her balcony with a proper video camera. Once the police spotted they were being filmed they went apesh!t, took peoples phones away as evidence, no receipts. Give up the phone or get arrested. One spotted my sister and walked into her house up to the first floor and took the memory out of her camera and then offered to give it back to her but it accidently fell off the balcony into the street below. She said he looked at her and said she was clumsy. She was 55 at the time and no troublemaker.

I saw it all but hadn't got a phone with me, I might have got away with it being in the van.

People complained but there was no evidence. Nothing ever got done.

I think plod turned up expecting a football hooligan style situation not a bit of handbags outside a pub.

That's why I don't trust them.

Expecting is the wrong word, they were hoping for a football hooligan style situation, turned out it wasn't but they waded in anyway. Thugs with a thuggery license. 

9 hours ago, Bolsterstone Owl said:

Wouldn't surprise me for this one if we give them the North and we get the Kop and South with the Lepp and West closed.

I'm fine with that as long as they have to leave via Penistone Road

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I like Everton, happy with this draw, looking forward to this cup tie between two great teams.

Hopefully an even match and maybe we can even cause something of an upset against Premier League opposition again.

They raided Owlstalk for some of our opinions on them, so I raided them back on how they feel about us based on what they saw we think of them... ;)

Same here i like Wednesday as well, and hopefully they will make it back to the top flight again asap.This is the second time we have played them since they went down nearly 20 years ago.I think our most recent encounter with them, was a 3-0 win in the league cup at Hillsborough back in september 2007.But as much as i may have a soft spot for Wednesday.That all goes out the window, when they play Everton.

I bet David Hirst still manages to score against us.

I almost want them to win now.

...that’s nice, I always have a fondness for Sheffield Wednesday. A great old club, it would be good to see them back in the top flight.

10 hours ago, Mycroft said:

The police can't confiscate your phone nor can they delete your pictures or even view them. If you do video the police then if possible record it to a cloud so you always have a copy. If approached by them be polite do not give them any personal information. They can only demand ID if they arrest you. 

Do not give your phone to the police. 

Great in theory, the police don't always stick to the rules.

• Thanks 1