Millwall - V - Wednesday OMDT

Half Time

Milwall  1 - 0 Wednesday

Fast paced game. Lots of niggles Wallace and Thompson the main culprits for them. 

Goal their only real moment if we're honest.

Westwood will be disappointed when he watches it back, though Lees and I think Iorfa were in attendance. Nice shove in the back by their lad before he went for the header mind.

Cooper for them leading with the arm into Fletcher neck every time there is a high ball. 

Harris causing lots of problems. Reach close with a dipping volley and a low half volley wide.

Red card for them had been coming. Wallace had been leaving his studs in a fraction late since the first minute. He's caught Harris several times before he did Lee. Glad he's sent off and it was deserved. 

Wednesday need not panic here. We've been on top. A little patience and they'll tire. 

Remain composed and this game is there for the taking.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Might be more space now for him and Harris to stretch them. 

Yep..would give it 15 mins..see how they are going to cope with 10..can't see em being a threat except for free kicks. Prob is if bannan comes on they will get plenty...stick or twist

Looked pretty tight apart from the goal , think we just edged titbit Murphy very quiet 

Looked borderline red but difficult to tell , it was very reckless and lee dont usually roll about for nothing 

Think we will see Baz or Luanno maybe reach going to the right 

Palmer feeding Harris well , they work well together 

Only thing Millwall have is getting the ball in the box to Smith 

I think we can get something 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Who would you leave off the bench?

The replacement for Fletch?

The towering striker if we are under pressure?

The CM?

The LB?

The RB?

We’ve 4 superb widemen including FF. I think one of them is likely to miss out on being in the 18 most games. 

The "towering" striker for me, Nuhiu ,s cameos generally come off 1 in 5 or 6 times, don't get me wrong I hope today is one of them but I would sooner have the option of Forestieri...……………...I know FF is an enigma and that there is a section on here that will be delighted that his is missing out but IMHO it is a mistake to have a genuine game changer not involved in the matchday squad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Greeton said:

Based on listening to the match, Murphy has had a quiet one. Worth bringing Bannan on for him and moving Reach out wide. Would give it 10 mins though as Murphy might find more space now and his dribbling is second to none. 

I wouldn’t wait a minute.

Bannan is like a puppet-master and should allow us more quality ball. Also likely that we will get attacking set pieces and he is so much better than Reach and Murphy at them. 

• Like 1

Murphy needs to get into the game and offer more of an option on the opposite flank - Harris as is dangerous as ever but without a threat from the right Millwall are shifting their entire back line across and doubling up on him. 

That being said, unless they make a substitution they won't be able to do that second half as it was Wallace who was dropping back to help.