Will Hughton have a change of mind?

24 minutes ago, markowl said:

I do.

You're not commenting on managerial matters until someone is appointed.

Makes perfect sense to start a thread about a manager.

Its a thread about how well we are doing and possibly attract a better class manager and how Hughton might be regretting his decision.

Honestly you always come across as a decent guy on radio but on here you come across as a doorknob

I would not ask him again. He clearly has something else in mind and if it came up would probably jump ship. I want somebody 100% committed to job. on reflection think he is too old as we need somebody long term to take us to next level.

If I went for anybody now I would go for Cowley looks as though they are going to do well in league 1.

Like others have said I don't want him now

He had his chance and turned us down so he can do one

Bullen deserves it not only for the 2 wins but for his loyalty and the amount of times he's stepped in and bailed us out. Not forgetting that he has a very good record when he's been caretaker

If the reported turning down of the job by Hughton is on the basis he feels he can get a prem job, then thats fair enough, who in football wouldn't want to be at the top table with all that comes with it??. But in all fairness if you look through those in prem, i personally genuinely struggle to see where he feels he'd get a sniff!!. Ithink you could argue that in a couple of months the teams likely to be struggling, would have amongst them, the likes of Norwich, Brighton, Newcastle, that mob & maybe a West ham or watford!??. He's already managed 3 of those and the other 2 tend to go foreign of late. Lets be fair, his reputation is that of a decent manager, but hardly regarded as one of the greats, and his managerial career has tended to be champ' clubs and bottom end prem'!. Beyond that, by his own admission in a previous inetrview, he felt for a manger of his standing, that best chance of managing in prem' is by taking a club up.  So i'd be really very interested to know just where he thinks a better option than us will materialise from???, really can't see anywhere myself??

But, upshot is, he said no, so regardless of whether or not he was the stand out of those rumoured/on bookies lists (to be fair, best of an uninspiring list, doesnt mean great), he clearly didnt want the job. For me personally that should be that, if he doesn't see the potential at SWFC, then fine, he had his chance, move on as a club and look elsewhere. Who that maybe, who knows, but its looking increasingly likely Bully is getting a run, he wouldnt be my first choice, bu its not my decision to make!!!. Bullen is currently the man, untill/if DC decides otherwise, so let him crack on and see where we are after a few more games!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ... said:

Clearly he was the manager we wanted and tried to get and given the transfer window and the players we have brought in and not to mention the great start do you think he might start to have a change of heart?

Now i'm by no means saying we should go back to him begging but when you're top if the league (I know its after 2 games) you suddenly become a lot more attractive, we could attract someone to the role who may have previously turned it down, lets not forget this is the first time in Chansiri's reign that we have topped the table.

image.png.7570a5699a7d2af879320875b76faa26.png

I think he see's himself as a premier league manager, and if this season runs to form, they'll be a job or two coming up before Christmas.

one consideration should be if bullen can keep us in touch, but not get the results needed to suggest promotion over the longer term.

the question for me is who'll be the first two to get the sack, and when?

1 hour ago, tommycockles said:

If the reported turning down of the job by Hughton is on the basis he feels he can get a prem job, then thats fair enough, who in football wouldn't want to be at the top table with all that comes with it??. But in all fairness if you look through those in prem, i personally genuinely struggle to see where he feels he'd get a sniff!!. Ithink you could argue that in a couple of months the teams likely to be struggling, would have amongst them, the likes of Norwich, Brighton, Newcastle, that mob & maybe a West ham or watford!??. He's already managed 3 of those and the other 2 tend to go foreign of late. Lets be fair, his reputation is that of a decent manager, but hardly regarded as one of the greats, and his managerial career has tended to be champ' clubs and bottom end prem'!. Beyond that, by his own admission in a previous inetrview, he felt for a manger of his standing, that best chance of managing in prem' is by taking a club up.  So i'd be really very interested to know just where he thinks a better option than us will materialise from???, really can't see anywhere myself??

But, upshot is, he said no, so regardless of whether or not he was the stand out of those rumoured/on bookies lists (to be fair, best of an uninspiring list, doesnt mean great), he clearly didnt want the job. For me personally that should be that, if he doesn't see the potential at SWFC, then fine, he had his chance, move on as a club and look elsewhere. Who that maybe, who knows, but its looking increasingly likely Bully is getting a run, he wouldnt be my first choice, bu its not my decision to make!!!. Bullen is currently the man, untill/if DC decides otherwise, so let him crack on and see where we are after a few more games!!

I figure after yesterday's debacles watford, west 'aam, with newcastle to come.

maybe bruce will be available soon. 

with arsenal buying ruiz to cure their defensive open arse, maybe 'd*ck' emery will be available soon too.

Edited by dorian gray

12 hours ago, ReginaldD said:

If he's changing his mind now based on our first two games I don't want him.  I want someone who wants to manage us not someone who has his head turned after a couple of wins.

I've wanted Hughton as much as anyone. 

But I completely agree with this.