Will Hughton have a change of mind?

I can’t help thinking most are commenting based on emotion.

Even though he reportedly turned us down, if he did change his mind and was the best man for the job (and at the time the majority of our fan base thought he was), then why not?

He could be the difference between top 10 and top 6 and surely we all want a minimum of top 6?

1 hour ago, Spookone said:

I can’t help thinking most are commenting based on emotion.

Even though he reportedly turned us down, if he did change his mind and was the best man for the job (and at the time the majority of our fan base thought he was), then why not?

He could be the difference between top 10 and top 6 and surely we all want a minimum of top 6?

You could be right but what if Chelsea sack Lampard and offer him the job i'd bet a weeks wages he'd be off without a second thought

On 10/08/2019 at 22:56, dawkeye said:

I don't think he's that bothered about two wins. If we're top in three months and offer it to him he'd probably change his mind. 

If we are top of the league after three months then it would be Bullen's job and deservedly so.

Not sure Chris Hughton would  be 'the answer' even if he did change his mind - based on Brighton's style last season , and on the comments of some of their supporters about his 'dour approach' striving always to hang on to a 1 goal lead by 'stout defending' as his principal strategy. Nice guy for sure , but maybe not what we need right now .

On the other hand I don't see any other currently unemployed manager to suggest as an alternative . Maybe we will be some time in appointing a new manager - and maybe that's no bad thing in the current situation ? Someone who knows the English game - and someone who employs at least a positive (if not actually 'adventurous)  approach.  Any suggestions ? 

I don't see Hughton changing his mind based on what's happened here so far.

Two good victories, but let's keep our feet on the ground.

One was against a very poor side, the other against a naive, newly-promoted team, albeit a derby victory.

Hughton will want a PL team; failing that, a parachute Championship outfit.

Bruce traditionally managed parachute teams, and we all know what happened once the PL came sniffing.

If Bullen falters, then we're looking at the likes of Pulis.

I don't see Chansiri going for Rowett, because he doesn't have promotion on his CV.

15 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

And I' bet my house that Chelsea wouldn't be remotely interested in Chris Hughton! lol

I know but you get my.meaning. if a premier league club came sniffing he would be off.