1 minute ago, debram said:

best thing is the options are getting broader, we have unity, no easy route  for the big boys now, earn your corn or sod off.

Maybe. But I’ll bet that FF will be more influential that Joey over the season. To me, it would have made sense to bring him on to improve his confidence.

Same goes for Rhodes. His run out will have helped.

Guest LondonOwl313

FF is a far better technical player than Harris.. but Harris’ pace is frightening and opens teams up on its own.

we’re going to need both over the course of the season as there will be times where pace in itself is one dimensional. Good to have different options to change the game

Guest LondonOwl313
14 minutes ago, sibon said:

Maybe. But I’ll bet that FF will be more influential that Joey over the season. To me, it would have made sense to bring him on to improve his confidence.

It’s tactical.. why bring FF on when we’re 2-0 up. If we’d have been 2-0 down FF would have been the one coming on I imagine. Was just about seeing out the game at that stage and Pelupessy is a defensive midfielder, albeit a very average one

Modern players know it’s a squad game now and TBH does even Bullen know what his best XI is given that we won without BB and FF today?

In his time here he hasn’t played much more than 30/ season anyway and I honestly think that is partly down to an acceptable brand of racism purveyed by the FA/ EFL/ Refs/ LMA which wrongly identified him as a cheat early on and has done the opposite of protect him for the last five years. 

Edited by Rogerwyldesmullet

34 minutes ago, sibon said:

agree cause joeys time is limited, rhodes has a part to play, same said for ff if it registers that he is part of a team.

I personally think that Fessi would score more goals than either Harris or Murphy if part of a front 3.  I’d love to see him involved, but for now he doesn’t deserve his place and he needs to work incredibly hard to force his way in. Additionally, the system is better suited by pace and both are faster than Fessi.  

Could Fessi also play in a midfield 3 if we are chasing games. It would be an interesting option to use him there to try and find the space in between. With any option, he needs to be committed to the team and work hard.  

About 15 minutes action in the first 2 games, if he was only planned as being a bit part player he may as well have been serving his ban it'd have been 2 games down by now. I know that morally he's right to appeal but I can't see the FA admitting they were wrong and overturning it so he'll more than likely have to serve the ban anyway, but it's now just looming later on when he could have been getting it out of the way and returning at the end of August. 

Edited by alanharper
typo

I think he's better in the hole and not as effective out wide as Harris and Murphy. As we don't now play with anyone in the hole and also have Lee back to add a bit of quality further forwards he may find his opportunities less and mainly from the bench. He will still cause teams problems when he comes in, especially later in games.

I think his contract will run down and it's the last season we will have him. We can't seem to fit him in anywhere and reluctantly I think flight is more likely than fight with him.

Sure he will get his chance at some stage but he's not the player he was when he first came here

2 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Isn't it just great when you think we're in a position to argue whether using FF will improve the team. Based on today's performance, we have a lot of quality on the pitch whether FF is there or not.

And just as importantly whether Bannan is there or not. Seems unlikely any teams will be thinking stop Bannan and stop Wednesday this year

I think as it stands the squad and formation doesn’t suit forestieri as much as others 

he will be a big part of the squad this year but he has to wait 

he will still be used loads from the bench on the Intrim

great squad this 

He’s currently our 4th choice winger.

I wonder if Bullen is doing this to bring him to boiling-point. He is likely to feature some time at Millwall or Luton, and I think we will see him massively motivated.

As I said last week, to have Harris, Reach, Murphy and FF fighting for the wing spots is fantastic.

Guest The Horse

It will take other teams a while to adapt to this 'new' Wednesday.

We've played basically the same way for years until now and when the opposition sussed us out we had no Plan B.

Now we have choices.

Forestieri will still have a big part to play as we will have to change it up every now and again (even mid-game) to keep the opposition on the back foot.