On 10/08/2019 at 20:27, Bluesteel said:

There will be games where the pace doesn’t work and we will need him

This - He'll add another dimension, a tricky one instead of all out pace .. he's got a turn of speed but Harris and Murphy offer raw pace where Fessi is just a little bit quicker then some ..

It's a team game, Bullen has everybody pulling together as a unit and playing for each other. 

I think we've changed our model of how we play and the type of players we want out on the pitch. 

Younger, fitter, hungrier players with pace, power and a work ethic, no ego's. 

Nando has slipped down the pecking order now as he doesn't really fit this blue print 

I know the less objective ones won't like me saying this, but he's troublesome. 

I want a new contract or I'm not playing. (twice) 

I want to play as a center forward, I don't want to play on the left I as I don't want  to defend, or I'm not playing. 

There's the Winnall spat too, which I'm sure wasn't just Sam's fault. 

Probably incidents we don't know about too. 

Very gifted player on his day and probably one of the most talented lads we've had here in the last 20 years on his day. 

Maybe for both our sake and his its time to move him on after 2 wasted seasons, as I think he needs a new challenge. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

It's a team game, Bullen has everybody pulling together as a unit and playing for each other. 

I think we've changed our model of how we play and the type of players we want out on the pitch. 

Younger, fitter, hungrier players with pace, power and a work ethic, no ego's. 

Nando has slipped down the pecking order now as he doesn't really fit this blue print 

I know the less objective ones won't like me saying this, but he's troublesome. 

I want a new contract or I'm not playing. (twice) 

I want to play as a center forward, I don't want to play on the left I as I don't want  to defend, or I'm not playing. 

There's the Winnall spat too, which I'm sure wasn't just Sam's fault. 

Probably incidents we don't know about too. 

Very gifted player on his day and probably one of the most talented lads we've had here in the last 20 years on his day. 

Maybe for both our sake and his its time to move him on after 2 wasted seasons, as I think he needs a new challenge. 

Agreed. We missed our moment to make any money him though, he will see his time out here and go on his way for nothing. He will play a part this season but  im predicting there will be more underwhelming performances than overwhelming ones.

I think we are forgetting that he was injured for quite a while then after getting fit the Mansfield debacle happened.

It is difficult enough for players to recapture form after injury but then to be given a 3 game ban and then waiting virtually all season for a court case to be heard can't be easy. Then after being found not guilty to still have a further ban hanging over him.

We will be lucky to have him properly focused (through no fault of his own if you agree there was no evidence against him) before January if the appeal is not heard very soon.

6 hours ago, Ash77 said:

Luongo/hutch bannan

Murphy ff harris

Fletch

Could also bring lee off 60-70mins and change to 4231 from 433 to equalise or go for winner!

His most effective position for both goals and assists is wide left as an inside forward. 

Out there he can find space, drive at fullbacks, cut inside and either create something or have a crack.

The problem is he see himself as the central striker "The hero" so to speak, its like when your a kid and everyone wants to play up front and score the goals. 

Yes he can play a part this season, just needs to realise, like with Rhodes we're playing two out and our wingers and only one central forward, a position neither of them is great at. 

He needs to knuckle down and take his chance when it comes which will hopefully be out wide left. 

38 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

His most effective position for both goals and assists is wide left as an inside forward. 

Out there he can find space, drive at fullbacks, cut inside and either create something or have a crack.

The problem is he see himself as the central striker "The hero" so to speak, its like when your a kid and everyone wants to play up front and score the goals. 

Yes he can play a part this season, just needs to realise, like with Rhodes we're playing two out and our wingers and only one central forward, a position neither of them is great at. 

He needs to knuckle down and take his chance when it comes which will hopefully be out wide left. 

Agree hes better on left in 433 but if we're losing or going for a winner, 4231 may not be a bad option compared to subbing harris or murphy off if they're playing well.

If we're winning or if 1 of wingers not playing very well, hes also an option to bring on for a winger to freshen attack up or keep the main wingers fresh.

Think rhodes could do well with 2 wingers when he's needed which remains to be seen, but 46-50+ games will call for positive tactical changes at times and decent squad management to keep key players fit imo

Whilst we have a fit squad, its nice to finally not have to over rely on him tho!

Whilst we have a fit squad, its nice to finally not have to over rely on him tho!

We haven't been able to rely on him for 2 years now due to injury and or suspensions. 

I'm not a Nando hater, I try to be realistic and pragmatic and to be fair, he owes a lot of Wednesday fans that have stood by him and defended him some performances this season. Fingers crossed for a Wembley visit snd a final winner, cutting in from the left. 

7 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

We haven't been able to rely on him for 2 years now due to injury and or suspensions. 

I'm not a Nando hater, I try to be realistic and pragmatic and to be fair, he owes a lot of Wednesday fans that have stood by him and defended him some performances this season. Fingers crossed for a Wembley visit snd a final winner, cutting in from the left. 

Or a rebound going in off his backside while he's bending over tying his laces in the 6 yard box  lol

He'd still be a hero.

Edited by the mighty wednesday
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Apart from hes gash as a lone striker. All ego and no end product

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

Apart from hes gash as a lone striker. All ego and no end product

Well he isn't a lone striker, that'll be why. 

Cameron Dawson is also 'gash' as a rightback. 

This system doesn't fit FF but it's working for the team which is all that matters, only time he could come in is on the left hand side perhaps if Harris gets a break or has a dip in form. There will be times this season when we switch to two up top and then he's likely to partner Fletcher. 

I agree with some of what has been said, but let's not forget Norwich.

He was desperate to make something happen. We played fairly well but no one else was capable of that spark required.

He was ecstatic to score that goal, in my opinion the best goal of the season, not just because of the finish but the way it was conjured up out of nothing. And that's the sort of thing he's capable of.

We've got a nice squad together and he'll play an important part I am sure. Hopefully he is back up to fitness and start recapturing his form.

6 hours ago, Owls2k said:

Well he isn't a lone striker, that'll be why. 

Cameron Dawson is also 'gash' as a rightback. 

This system doesn't fit FF but it's working for the team which is all that matters, only time he could come in is on the left hand side perhaps if Harris gets a break or has a dip in form. There will be times this season when we switch to two up top and then he's likely to partner Fletcher. 

Hope not. FF in a two has rarely been effective.

I hope we see him used exclusively as one of the wide forwards.

It would seem some posters wont be happy until he has left the club.......................probably the same people who said we would be better off without Antonio, Brunt etc.....................really weird trait that Wednesday fans seem to have had all down the years and if FF goes they will probably move on to Bannan..............in fact some have already started.

• Like 1