Premier League 2019/20

Just now, KivoOwl said:

One of the things we have over them is we've played in Europe. Would hate to see them do it.

Same as winning the FA Cup. 

Them winning the cup would be worse. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think they have a very good chance of Europa. 

Champs League might be a step too far, but certainly wouldn't rule them out. Outside of the top two, the teams are all a bit hit and miss, all capable of throwing in a few bad results. 

Thing is, Europa League could do more harm than good. I don't know the financials, but I'm pretty sure it is a pittance compared to Champs League money. You've then got the whole Thursday/Sunday thing to contend with. Do they have a big enough squad to cope with that? Given all that has happened, will they splash the cash to have a squad capable of competing on two fronts? 

Wolves have coped admirably with it, but I'd argue their squad is a few steps above that of Dem Blades. 

Said the same weeks ago. The squad isn't big enough

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Them winning the cup would be worse. 

I’ve still got a horrible feeling about that one.  I fully expect them to see off a poor Arsenal side, then it’s the semis and anything could happen.

Still, I’ll just enjoy today for the time being.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I'm staggered he has started the first two games. If he really good enough to be leading the line in a PL side? 

Not for me. Chuck him on with 20 minutes to go and he might grab you something, but outside of that...

Thing is, Newcastle still look a little bit ropey defensively here. Stevens should have scored then. 

Its all part of the he's one of own, forged in steel, bleeds red and white mantra Wilder and others keeps spouting.

Just now, Pablo Bonvin said:

I’ve still got a horrible feeling about that one.  I fully expect them to see off a poor Arsenal side, then it’s the semis and anything could happen.

Still, I’ll just enjoy today for the time being.

Yep. 

Actually winning something is far more impressive than playing the champions of Belarus in Europa League. 

The likes of Stoke, Burnley and so on have all played in Europe in recent times. 

Can’t see the pigs winning the cup, I can however see them dropping down the league and finishing bottom half. They aren’t that good, just a well organised and hard working side. Usually the cream rises to the top and manure is planted in the ground 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t think they’ll get Europe. Spurs will overtake them soon now they have both Kane and Son back fit. 

Wolves looked good yesterday. 

Please don’t let this bite me on the arse.

7th or even 8th could be enough to get into the Europa League this year if City's ban stands.

Can see them doing enough to stay 7th or 8th tbf, then we'll never hear the last about them "matching us" and qualifying for Europe - even though we had to finish 3rd to do so and would have had another 3 or 4 qualifications had it not been for Heysel. They just let anybody in these days... 

• Like 1