Premier League 2019/20

2 hours ago, SouthStand75 said:

What makes you so confident? On the showings of last night I can see them beating Arsenal in the cup but that no goal decision could quite easily cost them a European place. 

They're a much better side than any of us give them credit for. 

I hope I'm wrong and love to see them back down her with us... 

1 hour ago, pachyderm said:

I think they've been given plenty of credit.

Doesn't get away from the fact they were utter rubbish last night.

McBurnie and Sharp as the front two? 

I dont get that. Surely you start Mouset who has a bit about him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStand75 said:

That’s probably their only weak part from what I’ve seen. If they could get a couple of decent strikers then I’d say they would have a chance of Europe. Mcburnie had a free header and straight at the keeper got to be scoring those. 

Premier League quality strikers aren’t cheap that’s the problem they will have. They’d need to spend big big. The amount they spent on McBurnie was crazy but that’s the going rate and he’s bang average at best for that level. The boy can’t even get a regular game for Scotland and we are criminally short of options up front.

7 hours ago, pachyderm said:

They’re very functional and extremely well coached. Limited in ability though for the level they’re playing at. The vast majority of their goals are scruffy and I totally get that it doesn’t matter but you’d expect a team in 5th place in The Premier League would score the odd worldy. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, BIG D said:

They’re very functional and extremely well coached. Limited in ability though for the level they’re playing at. The vast majority of their goals are scruffy and I totally get that it doesn’t matter but you’d expect a team in 5th place in The Premier League would score the odd worldy. 

You'd expect that well coached but limited ability wouldn't get you to the top 6 in what is portrayed as the best league in the world. 

I agree with you in that they are where they are largely thanks to the manager - as individuals not many of the players will have a host of clubs queuing up to try and take them at that level. Just think it is a reflection of the league as a whole that they are in with a chance of Europe playing that way. The top 2 are great and Leicester have had a really good season but beyond that many of the traditional top teams have far more flaws than they had previously and the rest are nothing to write home about. 

I think that system covers up for some of the shortfalls in the playing side.

They are so well drilled and the system gives them a very solid base, though a large part of that seems to be the goalkeeper who probably is good enough to play at one of the big 6.

I'm not so sure how many of their players outside of him would really flourish elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Has Roy Keane lost the plot? lol

Even by his standards that was a quality rant. Just not sure where he stands on De Gea?