Club Statement

25 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

The main thing for me is that the report is almost entirely based on information provided to MMU surrounding the last Sheffield derby - fixture - a fixture that SYP received a fair amount of criticism for from both sets of supporters due to their approach. There is also a small amount of information from the game against Aston Villa. 

Is this a fair basis on which to make such wholesale changes given that the vast majority of games in recent years have passed without any reported significant incidents in the Leppings Lane area?

That's the crux of the matter the police were buttt hurt after the critism they received after that game, and instead of working with the club and the fans they have lashed out and blamed everyone but themselves.

They sneaked off and had an "independent" report compiled.  

I can't understand why they seem so determined to work against the Wednesday community wishes.  They have a ground to police and they have the manpower and resources to do that professionally. 

Most of the police on the ground are helpful and friendly enough it's when the higher level gets involved and they start to panic when skirmishes breakout.  

Instead of standing around in groups they should stretch out and assist the crowd by directing in a friendly manner.  If they cut the macho crap out and remember that they are there to protect us, not to see us as the enemy things will improve.  

It can't be that difficult to control within half an hour the crowd has widely dispersed. You get the feeling that they are admitting that they are unable to do such a simple task.   

Edited by Mycroft

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The report is saying that it's not recommended to hold the away fans back from exiting for 15 minutes due to the state of the West Stand and it's lack of safe space to hold fans in

I don't understand it when they say this - there is a safe place, in the bloody stand. Advise them to stay in their seats!

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

To be realistic that isn’t going to happen. That’s not how football crowds work. 

True, I suppose. What is also unrealistic is getting the whole of the North to exit via Penistone Rd - creating a very real safety problem. Nuts!

Edited by chrisf
mistake!

1 minute ago, chrisf said:

True, I suppose. What is also unrealistic is getting the whole of the North to exit via LL - creating a very real safety problem. Nuts!

I agree. What puzzles me is that this isn’t  covered in the report plus apparently the report was submitted a couple of months ago. Why all the panic now? 

28 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Just an idea would it help if the club let some of the fans exit the north stand by walking around the pitch and exit via Tango corner and the South stand?

Might lessen the traffic at the back of north stand.

This could happen tomorrow out of necessity. I can see the walkways in the north stand being dangerous with everyone trying to exit the stand all going the same way out. 

2 minutes ago, Howards back said:

This could happen tomorrow out of necessity. I can see the walkways in the north stand being dangerous with everyone trying to exit the stand all going the same way out. 

Totally. It's reckless rather than helping crowd safety. Are SAG drunk?

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

All hell is going to break lose tomorrow, makes me wonder if that’s what they actually want to happen.

So drunken Wednesday fans turn up at 2:50 and try to enter via LL to be told by a steward you’re not allowed in mate. Walk round to the south stand and they’ll put you somewhere in there. Good luck. 

Then after the game you've got the whole of the North Stand leaving via Penistone Road along with a fuller than normal Kop....yeah all will be fine with that no worries. 

If it kicks off, which it will, only us fans will be to blame. 

SYP are not fit for purpose. The investigation should have been into their performance back in March:

Keep hold of this post, we can use it in the court case the club brings against SYP and SAG. And I'm sort of being serious here. We (fans and the club) can all see the potential problems, but SAG and SYP clearly can't.

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I agree. What puzzles me is that this isn’t  covered in the report plus apparently the report was submitted a couple of months ago. Why all the panic now? 

The club have been arguing back and forth since they became aware of the SAG report?

Having read through the report, clearly put together by academics, I wonder how Hillsboro compares to many other grounds in terms of the analysis they choose to use.

It smacks of an absolute stitch up that the recommendations implemented tomorrow are based on the management of an away gate of circa 4000 against city rivals. 

Just read the report in full. It concentrates on crowd density and fan mixing at Leppings Lane.

I can see no consideration of crowd density risk at the East End of the stadium caused by their recommendations for egress of home fans.

I would call that a seriously flawed set of recommendations needing a more comprehensive study.

14 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Just read the report in full. It concentrates on crowd density and fan mixing at Leppings Lane.

I can see no consideration of crowd density risk at the East End of the stadium caused by their recommendations for egress of home fans.

I would call that a seriously flawed set of recommendations needing a more comprehensive study.

Again I haven't read it

does it mention the portable fence that SYP used to put up?

Fairs fair, everything SWFC have to do tomorrow, SUFC have to do a week on Sunday.

Same ground layout, supporter separation issues and their away end joins one of their stands.

Go on SAG\SYP, impartiality and all that.

Ultimately, why don’t the police treat people a little more responsibility and as adults and just let people get on with their lives after a game? Heaven forbid, we might work with people who support different teams. Do we all have to be separated on football team? Those that want a punch up will find it anyway.