Club Statement

6 minutes ago, Watto said:

Aren't Barnsley only getting 2500 tickets tomorrow ? If so , what is the problem?

The report mentions if people were to be held back in areas e.g. concourse with 2 people/square meter, there would be insufficient safe room.

however aren't all dingles fat?

Edited by OhForAnotherShez

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

fornicate you SAG and your Masonic overlords

Time to bulldoze that cursed end and rebuild it

It was a joke at the Derby, couldn't move due to the overcrowding. Was no one's fault but SYP's, if they had kept the grunters in the ground for half an hour it would have been completely avoided. 

I can't help but think however, if these regulations are in to stay then surely we should be eligible for compensation due to a lack of match day revenue. I'd even go as far to say that if we are being forced to put these safety measures into place then surely SYP or SAG should contribute to redevelopment of the leppings lane stand, or at least the entrance/turnstiles

1 minute ago, mr g 1999 said:

It was a joke at the Derby, couldn't move due to the overcrowding. Was no one's fault but SYP's, if they had kept the grunters in the ground for half an hour it would have been completely avoided. 

I can't help but think however, if these regulations are in to stay then surely we should be eligible for compensation due to a lack of match day revenue. I'd even go as far to say that if we are being forced to put these safety measures into place then surely SYP or SAG should contribute to redevelopment of the leppings lane stand, or at least the entrance/turnstiles

To be fair to the police they don't have the right to hold people against their wishes. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

To be fair to the police they don't have the right to hold people against their wishes. 

They've done it plenty of times before so don't see why they didn't do it in this instance? 

With that said though, we've had big away followings in the past with no bottlenecks, so whether it was fans trying to get at each other or  police ineptitude I don't know. Regardless, something needs to be done about that end  of the ground and has done since the 80's.

Guest Ash76
6 hours ago, teddybeararmy said:

KICK OFF TIME SWEEPSTAKES

im going for 3:16

There's no effing way they will get everyone in the home end's by 3pm 

Very poor taste

As for what we can do, aside from writing letters or emails the obvious thing is a 1000 or so people protesting at the LL end 2 - 2.30/2.45

That will give them something to think about

30 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

The report mentions if people were to be held back in areas e.g. concourse with 2 people/square meter, there would be insufficient safe room.

however aren't all dingles fat?

Simple really, you just restrict the number of people allowed in the away end to that number that can be held back in the available space according to the report’s calculations, 

• Thanks 1

Wow. 

Such a flawed report it’s hard to know where to start. Recommends sending everyone on the north one way but doesn’t even mention the impact this will have at the other end. The fact the SAG have used this to implement changes is frankly shocking. 

The club need to come back at this hard. That report won’t stand up in any court. There is going to be a lot of disappointed/ pissed off fans tomorrow and it’s absurd that it’s being needlessly inflicted as a result of this rot. 

Needs to be so much more opposition to this 

Really not sure enough people see SYPD for the incompetent sham of an organisation they really are 

Questions need to be asked 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Needs to be so much more opposition to this 

Really not sure enough people see SYPD for the incompetent sham of an organisation they really are 

Questions need to be asked 

Problem has been illustrated today. You only need to mention 1989, SYP trot out the line “public safety is our top priority” and it’s very hard to combat. I agree that we need get on the front foot though. Accept that more can be done, but it’s time some common sense was injected into the discussion. 

4 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Problem has been illustrated today. You only need to mention 1989, SYP trot out the line “public safety is our top priority” and it’s very hard to combat. I agree that we need get on the front foot though. Accept that more can be done, but it’s time some common sense was injected into the discussion. 

We need to be very careful because any mass retaliation by us will be used against the club by SYPD, the issue for me isn’t really the SAG there just puppets and Sheffield City Council are nowt more than a bunch of jokers  , people need to be aware that SYPD have a historical deep running vendetta against Sheffield Wednesday FC 

It's reported in the Daily Mail (I know) that the club received an initial report on 26th June but did not attend and initial safety meeting on this issue on 17th July. SWFCs response at a meeting a week later was then deemed inadequate.

Anyone know if this is true (not attending the 17th July meeting)?

3 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

It's reported in the Daily Mail (I know) that the club received an initial report on 26th June but did not attend and initial safety meeting on this issue on 17th July. SWFCs response at a meeting a week later was then deemed inadequate.

Anyone know if this is true (not attending the 17th July meeting)?

Sounds like something has been leaked to the DM from the SAG. Which in itself is inappropriate. 

If true then the club need to up their game. Stunts like that only strengthen SYP’s case that we aren’t taking it seriously.