A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

39 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Ah, Dem Blades. 

I was at a party earlier with a few of them. 

All jabbering on about how well they'd played and how plucky they were. I pointed out that they'd lost again and that was 4 home games in a row. 

Some mutterings about me coming out of the "woodwork" as we'd won 4-1...yeah, you know me, only interested when we win...

One of them makes some remark about "well, at least we own our stadium"...I pointed out that McCabe owns their stadium and bought it off them 10 years ago. Bloke shut up and then slumped off. 

:duntmatter:

What do you expect, most of them only started supporting them 3 years ago. 

4 hours ago, alanharper said:

So after spending over £40m on attackers and midfielders in the summer they're going into October with their outright leading scorer being Own Goal.

With 2. 

After spending 40 million on strikers, the guy they brought on to save the day was Leon Clarke lol

• Haha 3

Can someone please explain to me exactly what I’m missing! 

Maybe I’m just biased.  Maybe I did watch a different game .... Or maybe I’m right in thinking this is just piganomics that they deserved to win because they had more corners and fouls 

5B5C7DB6-E8B2-44B9-893B-C1A679383F9F.thumb.jpeg.1fba864737832f4359bd4de976b04922.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong, they frustrated Liverpool, they were hard to break down, won loads of second balls and looked dangerous on the counter...but deserved to win???? I think not 

Just like when we were at our lowest ebb under Luhukay, we went to the lane, sat back, they couldn’t break us down and we should have actually scored on the counter (and possibly should have won against the run of play) 

But apparently we celebrated getting a 0-0 draw.... then WTF was today about? Celebrating getting beaten 1-0, but pretending you should have won because you’re in the same division as the ‘champions of Europe’. 

Piganomics

• Like 3

Tbf, Dem Blades played pretty well. 

On another day, they might have grabbed a point or perhaps got an unlikely win. 

But...Liverpool were so poor today (for the most part) and yet they still created the better chances. Mane should have scored two, Salah missed a sitter in the second half. 

United huff and puff, they are well drilled and they have their moments...but I don't see where the goals are coming from at the moment. McBurnie runs around a lot, Robinson seems to have a bit of pace (but was hardly prolific at Preston) and then you've got Clarke getting lumped on at the end. 

Their saving grace is there's enough dross to keep them up.

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I noticed  that..Its every week now.  He's gotta be living off past glories soon.

He never seems to take responsibility when things don't go well.

Yes, unfounded in this case.

I'd say United's players did well.

Considering the difference in quality between the two outfits, I'm not sure what else Wilder could have asked for.

…. apart from goals, of course.   

8e26a4c8-a0f0-11e6-891e-abe238dee8e2 (1).png

1 hour ago, helmut_rooster said:

After spending 40 million on strikers, the guy they brought on to save the day was Leon Clarke lol

Yes, Leon Clarke playing against the European Champions.

I can't believe I've just written that.

We now know how people who've seen seen strange phenomena must feel.

They can see it happening, but their brains just won't accept what they're seeing.

It's all very odd.

Must be too much Hendo's.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf, Dem Blades played pretty well. 

On another day, they might have grabbed a point or perhaps got an unlikely win. 

But...Liverpool were so poor today (for the most part) and yet they still created the better chances. Mane should have scored two, Salah missed a sitter in the second half. 

United huff and puff, they are well drilled and they have their moments...but I don't see where the goals are coming from at the moment. McBurnie runs around a lot, Robinson seems to have a bit of pace (but was hardly prolific at Preston) and then you've got Clarke getting lumped on at the end. 

Their saving grace is there's enough dross to keep them up.

On another day liverpool actually put a shift in and hit 5

The pigs are one of the dross 

They think that Clarke miss at the end was the only difference between them and the European Champions.

I'm still not sure what's funnier, him missing from there and the scruffs actually believing that, or if he'd scored it because VAR would have ruled it out for offside anyway. 

7 hours ago, Miffed said:

Can someone please explain to me exactly what I’m missing! 

Maybe I’m just biased.  Maybe I did watch a different game .... Or maybe I’m right in thinking this is just piganomics that they deserved to win because they had more corners and fouls 

5B5C7DB6-E8B2-44B9-893B-C1A679383F9F.thumb.jpeg.1fba864737832f4359bd4de976b04922.jpeg

Don’t get me wrong, they frustrated Liverpool, they were hard to break down, won loads of second balls and looked dangerous on the counter...but deserved to win???? I think not 

Just like when we were at our lowest ebb under Luhukay, we went to the lane, sat back, they couldn’t break us down and we should have actually scored on the counter (and possibly should have won against the run of play) 

But apparently we celebrated getting a 0-0 draw.... then WTF was today about? Celebrating getting beaten 1-0, but pretending you should have won because you’re in the same division as the ‘champions of Europe’. 

Piganomics

It really p*sses me off when they go on about us celebrating the 0-0 draws. I don’t care who you are, if you go away to your fiercest rivals with 12 first team players out injured anyone would be delighted with a draw 

• Like 1

Guest The Horse

Here's to many more 'plucky' defeats.

They can take comfort in being relegated pluckier than most whilst the music from the Hovis advert plays.