A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

9 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

It’s not hard to avoid Radio Sheffield in West Yorkshire but even 5 Live were blowing smoke up Wilder’s backside on the way to and from Hillsborough today. Just have to grin and bear it for the time being.

Pretty much. 

For the mainstream media it is a great story. 

Local lad leading his ragtag bunch of misfits from League One to the Premier League in three years. 

Annoying, but understandable. 

Hopefully, they have a flipping horrible season and the gushing turns into people feeling sorry for them. 

Looks like it was a pretty even game today. A decent point and I suspect they'll give some of the lesser teams a bit of a headache with how they set up. 

Long way to go. 

Edited by SiJ

Not seen owt of their game or their fans reaction to it. One of the many benefits of not being in the country and refusing to open Facebook. Reading the report yesterday it said they deserved something from the game. Pains me to say it but until teams suss em out they'll pick up points from those in their mini league. City et al will be too strong for em but they'll nick goals. 

Their opening 2 games could not have been hand picked any better.  Bournemouth will be in the lower reaches and Palace generally start slowly. 

Must admit feeling sick at that god awful scruffy goal from Sharp.  

Don't think I would open my curtains if Bournemouth v United was being played in the garden! 

4 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Their opening 2 games could not have been hand picked any better.  Bournemouth will be in the lower reaches and Palace generally start slowly. 

Must admit feeling sick at that god awful scruffy goal from Sharp.  

Don't think I would open my curtains if Bournemouth v United was being played in the garden! 

Think Palace might be a more difficult game than people think. We usually start slowly but things can change :ghoulguy:

Edited by darra

1 hour ago, darra said:

Think Palace might be a more difficult game than people think. We usually start slowly but things can change :ghoulguy:

Na 

Grandma Roy is as conservative as they come. Next week is one of very few home bankers for dem blades

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Na 

Grandma Roy is as conservative as they come. Next week is one of very few home bankers for dem blades

Palace had a cracking away record last season, won more than they lost, got 4 more away points than Arsenal and only 1 less than Man Utd and Chelsea and were one of only five teams in the league with a positive away goal difference.

Some reyt pace in the team to counter attack with, they won at City, Arsenal, Wolves and Leicester amongst others and only lost 4-3 at Anfield.

Pigs to win 1-0 next week then... 

11 hours ago, Skyline said:

Just a random thought , but Henderson won't be able to play against Man Utd will he?

Hopefully will be a cricket score when they play. 

Were that to happen, it makes you wonder if Brian the Blade would be calling for Wilder to do the Shoreham shuffle? It wouldn't be the first time. lol