A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

Celebrating a draw. It's the piganomic conundrum. Attendances don't matter unless they've got bigger ones, then they're the sole metric by which club size is measured. The last Derby result doesn't matter, unless they won, then its the se metric by which success is measured. League position doesn't matter, unless they're above us, then it's the sole metric by which we compare our clubs. 

Basically, they will twist and turn every available stat to their liking. They will use every available thing to try and prove they are bigger and better. It's cos they know deep down that historically we are the top team in the city. They are the little brother. At the moment they're well above us. They have a huge financial advantage over us now. They have shown us in the last 2 seasons how to get out of this league. They still hark back to us though. They still use their situation as a way to do us down. As long as they're above us they're happy. 

6 hours ago, southportdc said:

We've gone from laughing at them for being beaten by Burton in League 1 to laughing at them for being called Wednesday on Match of the Day.

Think they're doing alright tbh. 

It is the small victories that count :duntmatter:

Think a few of there fans are getting worried about Wilder's open and honest approach in interviews now they are in the big time.

He recent public criticism of players who he bought and has now transfer listed, but not moved out yet either thru choice (Holmes / Leon / Wright / Carruthers),

is not sitting comfortably with a few of them.  I bet those players had a pay rise for promotion and are sitting on a decent salary now and quite rightly

not rushing off just to play football with passion for another club in the lower leagues at a lower salary, which Wilder expects them to do.

Some of these players Wilder chased for a good while and put them on decent contracts..  for all his decent signings he has also made some stinkers,

Although Leon you could say was a big success in his Lge 1 promotion season to some extent.

Be interesting to see out of his current purchases who falls into this same bracket - Morrison / Moussa 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/wilder-annoyed-at-transfer-listed-players-who-won’t-leave.74290/

Hopefully the link won't infect your viewing device.

Edited by Doctor Duran

16 hours ago, southportdc said:

We've gone from laughing at them for being beaten by Burton in League 1 to laughing at them for being called Wednesday on Match of the Day.

Think they're doing alright tbh. 

Too right.

It’s not as fun anymore. 

Remember their ‘Lap of dishonour’ in League One... now look. 

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Duran said:

Think a few of there fans are getting worried about Wilder's open and honest approach in interviews now they are in the big time.

He recent public criticism of players who he bought and has now transfer listed, but not moved out yet either thru choice (Holmes / Leon / Wright / Carruthers),

is not sitting comfortably with a few of them.  I bet those players had a pay rise for promotion and are sitting on a decent salary now and quite rightly

not rushing off just to play football with passion for another club in the lower leagues at a lower salary, which Wilder expects them to do.

Some of these players Wilder chased for a good while and put them on decent contracts..  for all his decent signings he has also made some stinkers,

Although Leon you could say was a big success in his Lge 1 promotion season to some extent.

Be interesting to see out of his current purchases who falls into this same bracket - Morrison / Moussa 

https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?threads/wilder-annoyed-at-transfer-listed-players-who-won’t-leave.74290/

Hopefully the link won't infect your viewing device.

He was pretty ruthless with Duffy, though it has to be said that Duffy/his agent had an absolute mare there if you read the reports. 

33 year old, who was playing for Vauxhall motors not so long ago, got a  pay rise upon promotion, and then wanted to renegotiate his contract. 

Can't blame Megabus man for telling him to get lost. 

As for the rest: well it works both ways, doesn't it? 

United handed our multiple year deals to  guys who were in their late 20s/early 30s. Seemingly, some of those contracts contained payrises if they reached the Prem. It follows that many of those guys will now be on more money than they've ever been on, so some are probably quite reluctant to jump ship unless the new club are willing to match those terms. 

Heck, we made similar mistakes by handing out multiple year deals to Boyd, Jones and so on. 

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

He was pretty ruthless with Duffy, though it has to be said that Duffy/his agent had an absolute mare there if you read the reports. 

33 year old, who was playing for Vauxhall motors not so long ago, got a  pay rise upon promotion, and then wanted to renegotiate his contract. 

Can't blame Megabus man for telling him to get lost. 

As for the rest: well it works both ways, doesn't it? 

United handed our multiple year deals to  guys who were in their late 20s/early 30s. Seemingly, some of those contracts contained payrises if they reached the Prem. It follows that many of those guys will now be on more money than they've ever been on, so some are probably quite reluctant to jump ship unless the new club are willing to match those terms. 

Heck, we made similar mistakes by handing out multiple year deals to Boyd, Jones and so on. 

I agree we made the mistakes (a lot of them),  but a lot of people from both sides see Wilder's as some genius in the transfer market,

when in reality he isn't that good.  But how he openly conducts his business and digs at his players is typical league 1 level stuff.

Be interesting when things start getting really tough how he can handle it all.. melt down in public ?

13 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

I agree we made the mistakes (a lot of them),  but a lot of people from both sides see Wilder's as some genius in the transfer market,

when in reality he isn't that good.  But how he openly conducts his business and digs at his players is typical league 1 level stuff.

Be interesting when things start getting really tough how he can handle it all.. melt down in public ?

It's that fine line between being "honest" and coming across as a mouthy pr1ck. 

He deffo ventures into the mouthy pr1ck category on occasions and with them being in the Prem now the scrunity is going to magnify ten fold. 

Remember this is the bloke who got smashed after their promtion and started calling Leeds and Patrick Bamford "muppets" in front of the Sky cameras. I mean, he's not wrong on that, but still...that sort of stuff might come to bite you on the arse one day. 

Be interesting to see how he conducts himself when they have a few bad days at the office. They should experience more than their fair share of defeats this season and we all know how well he has reacted to defeats in the past. 

9 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

I was reading Four Four Twos season predictions and one of theor fans said Wilder is the most popular manager in the Premier League.

And we are arrogant and deluded

lol

According to some, they also have a "New, quirky way of playing football" and Sky are starting to see this and cream themselves over it. 

2 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Drove up Shirecliffe road today and noticed they have put black screens all around their training ground so you cant see it. All a bit North Korea to me.

Someone ought to tell them Bielsa manages in the Championship

Palace at home will be a good marker on where they’re at. 

• Haha 3

They are in the Premier League, and the main focus for them is to "dominate the city" according to Wilder. Its this type of small time thinking that makes them tinpot. 

I wouldn't be happy if we were Premier League and were talking about just being the best in our city, I'd want us to be looking up, not down at our city rivals, the guy is obsessed with us... 

“I want us to dominate this city,” said the 51-year-old lifelong Blades fan.

“I might get battered for (saying) that. But I see our shirts now and I want to see more.

“I want us to be the leading light in this city. I want us to dominate it and create new memories for our supporters.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/sheffield-united-can-rule-over-sheffield-wednesday-for-years-chris-wilder-1-9941302

Christ.

No wonder he's a pudgy f00ker with all those chips on his shoulder.

The only way United *dominate* is if they start winning things, getting into Europe etc.

Stopping up in the Prem will be useful, but there's only so far you can grow by being a team who stops up/finishes mid table.

Stoke City spent nearly a decade in the Prem. They come down and they dont feel all that much bigger than when they went up. The crowds have dropped, they cant buy a win etc.

Just now, darklord said:

My thoughts exactly. Though to be fair we would take the chance to twist the knife too 

We as fans would.

I'd not expect our manager too.

This is him once again straying from being *honest* to a mouthy be11end.