Just now, Woodie said:

Go on then. When fletcher misses his games who plays there Nuhiu?

What's Nuhiu got to do with Hooper??

Hooper, in my opinion can only play the link role between the main central striker and the midfield 

Then we have to build a team around him to compensate for his lack of pace and lack of work rate

In the current system he just doesnt fit in 

3 minutes ago, torres said:

What's Nuhiu got to do with Hooper??

Hooper, in my opinion can only play the link role between the main central striker and the midfield 

Then we have to build a team around him to compensate for his lack of pace and lack of work rate

In the current system he just doesnt fit in 

We are getting rid of Joao and Rhodes, When Fletcher misses a third of a season who plays? Did Hooper play the link role in the season we got to a play off final ? Or did he just play as a striker in a 442 And was the most advanced forward at the time, we seemed to do ok that season? I’m sure Hooper is more than capable of playing in the middle of a 3 , if we played to feet, he’s as good as anyone and that includes Fletcher, I’m not saying we need him back , but if we lose the other 2 before Thursday we can’t rely on Fletcher playing 46 games this season. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Woodie said:

We are getting rid of Joao and Rhodes, When Fletcher misses a third of a season who plays? Did Hooper play the link role in the season we got to a play off final ? Or did he just play as a striker in a 442 And was the most advanced forward at the time, we seemed to do ok that season? I’m sure Hooper is more than capable of playing in the middle of a 3 , if we played to feet, he’s as good as anyone and that includes Fletcher, I’m not saying we need him back , but if we lose the other 2 before Thursday we can’t rely on Fletcher playing 46 games this season. 

He played next to FF who worked his balls off that season, when that didnt work we brought Joao/Nuhiu on and shoved FF out wide

I agree, technically he's as good as there is forward wise in our league - fitness/pace/work ethic wise he is way behind!

He's like a poor mans Ozil

Didn't Einstein say something about trying the same thing over and over is a sign of madness? We've just spent the last 3 years watching Hooper and the other old crocks missing most of the seasons they were contracted leaving us in the brown stuff, but some want him back?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

You should be a bit more respectful about a player like Hooper, he never mugged us off and played well when he was available. Obviously he couldn't expect silly money but on the right deal why would you not sign him?

What the hell is respect? The bloke was injured more often than not and was paid very well. He got released because he was no longer of any use . For once as a fan base we should look forward not backwards . Young and hungry loan palmers are the way forward 

1 hour ago, tarn owl said:

Wasn't he off to MLS? That would have made sense. If he is willing to take really low wages on pay as available to play, then poss. But with Fletch, Winnall, Fessi and Nuhiu competing for 1 spot up top. Do we need him? Midfield is more important to get cover for in my opinion.

it's okay having strikers but strikers who score regularly is what we need,and apart from Fletch,we aint got any !!!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

Number 14 is being reserved for Marcus Maddison, the Johan Cruyff of League 1 or for a pacy young top flight prospect, such as Eddie Nketiah, who could be our Thierry Henry. :ph34r:

I was praising Maddison last year and touted him as a good signing but no one seemed to agree.

I'm with you let's get him!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

What the hell is respect? The bloke was injured more often than not and was paid very well. He got released because he was no longer of any use . For once as a fan base we should look forward not backwards . Young and hungry loan palmers are the way forward 

The more loan Palmers the better, solid citizens them Worksop lads.

3 hours ago, james o connor said:

Bruce wanted to keep him

5 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

They is a reason why no other Championship club has signed Hooper.
If Hooper was released by say Derby or West Brom would anyone really be that bothered about wanting to give him a contract?
Football fans not just Wednesdayites seem to live on sentiment sometimes.

Yeah... but remember when he scored the second at Birmingham away... ahhhh, that was good! 

6 hours ago, Philb125 said:

In fairness I’m fairly sure Bruce said it was fact we still had Rhodes that was tipping point to not keeping Hooper. So without him a top quality manager, low grade human would agree with you. Not sure how his opinion rates vs the OT mafia mind. 

so you believe what steve bruce says?????????