5 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If we sell Rhodes and Joao then I would be tempted to re-sign him if I were Chansiri-on a wage that is fitting for his injury record if he kept himself fit over summer, he was looking decent when he came back at the end of last season.

In fairness I’m fairly sure Bruce said it was fact we still had Rhodes that was tipping point to not keeping Hooper. So without him a top quality manager, low grade human would agree with you. Not sure how his opinion rates vs the OT mafia mind. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

ok pal if you can't be arsed thats fine.

Great player, absolutely fuckingbrilliant but it's no good in 3 month cameos and we are trying to move forward.

He's off to USA anyway by all accounts (his dad) and I'd much rather we bought and paid someone who both gave a bit more of afuck and has potentially profitable resale value in the future.

Sorry to be so harsh but we have to be as ruthless with players as they are with us.

• Like 1

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

Great player, absolutely fuckingbrilliant but it's no good in 3 month cameos and we are trying to move forward.

He's off to USA anyway by all accounts (his dad) and I'd much rather we bought and paid someone who both gave a bit more of afuck and has potentially profitable resale value in the future.

Sorry to be so harsh but we have to be as ruthless with players as they are with us.

but why was the suggestion so stupid? you admit he's a good player, so no problem with that, I specifically said due to his injuries his wage should take that into account? so what would be the problem?

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

but why was the suggestion so stupid? you admit he's a good player, so no problem with that, I specifically said due to his injuries his wage should take that into account? so what would be the problem?

Compare his attitude to Lee for example.

Surgeries, setbacks, breakdowns but never once saw him doing a tour on Instagram of the best golf courses in Scotland.

FF is the same, surprised he's not got his own cookery show by now.

We're too soft and too easily pleased.  Folk keep going on about Wilder and that lot but they wouldn't put up with that garbage.  Clarke a good example - served his purpose and soon fuckedoff out on loan when he played up.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

They is a reason why no other Championship club has signed Hooper.
If Hooper was released by say Derby or West Brom would anyone really be that bothered about wanting to give him a contract?
Football fans not just Wednesdayites seem to live on sentiment sometimes.

I'm not sentimental, if I had my way we'd be off from Hillsborough, we would train near London to attract better players and one of Ozzy Owl or Barney Owl would be sacked because they don't match but Hooper is a good player and if he would accept an incentive based contract seeing as he's had fitness problems it would be great for him to still be at the club. He hasn't been released from Derby or WBA he has been released from us and we know why that was and we also know that he fits into the squad when fit.

15 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Compare his attitude to Lee for example.

Surgeries, setbacks, breakdowns but never once saw him doing a tour on Instagram of the best golf courses in Scotland.

FF is the same, surprised he's not got his own cookery show by now.

We're too soft and too easily pleased.  Folk keep going on about Wilder and that lot but they wouldn't put up with that garbage.  Clarke a good example - served his purpose and soon fuckedoff out on loan when he played up.

Best thing i think i have ever read!!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I'm not sentimental, if I had my way we'd be off from Hillsborough, we would train near London to attract better players and one of Ozzy Owl or Barney Owl would be sacked because they don't match but Hooper is a good player and if he would accept an incentive based contract seeing as he's had fitness problems it would be great for him to still be at the club. He hasn't been released from Derby or WBA he has been released from us and we know why that was and we also know that he fits into the squad when fit.

Think the key words to your post is when fit
Really am fed up with saying we are unlucky with injuries, one way to help in this is not to give contracts to injury prone players in the first place.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

Think the key words to your post is when fit
Really am fed up with saying we are unlucky with injuries, one way to help in this is not to give contracts to injury prone players in the first place.

This is negated by the point of an incentive based contract

5 minutes ago, torres said:

Say we have a few sniffs of the Brasso tin and do sign him again

Where would he play in the 4-3-3 formation we have started with?

Through the middle when Fletcher misses his standard 15 games a season.