6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

but why was the suggestion so stupid? you admit he's a good player, so no problem with that, I specifically said due to his injuries his wage should take that into account? so what would be the problem?

availability, fitness, speed- lack of all 3.

Didn’t we offer him a reduced contract at £16k PW? Half his previous wage? He was not going to take it as he knew he would get a better offer elsewhere.

I don’t think we would go back for him but stranger things have happened in football. If Norwich sign Rhodes, there is a small chance this could happen. 

5 hours ago, Woodie said:

We are getting rid of Joao and Rhodes, When Fletcher misses a third of a season who plays? Did Hooper play the link role in the season we got to a play off final ? Or did he just play as a striker in a 442 And was the most advanced forward at the time, we seemed to do ok that season? I’m sure Hooper is more than capable of playing in the middle of a 3 , if we played to feet, he’s as good as anyone and that includes Fletcher, I’m not saying we need him back , but if we lose the other 2 before Thursday we can’t rely on Fletcher playing 46 games this season. 

how long was that ago?

5 hours ago, torres said:

He played next to FF who worked his balls off that season, when that didnt work we brought Joao/Nuhiu on and shoved FF out wide

I agree, technically he's as good as there is forward wise in our league - fitness/pace/work ethic wise he is way behind!

He's like a poor mans Ozil

'kin 'ell, that's nasty.

Was man of the match in pretty much every game he played in towards the back end of the season - if he'd be willing to sign for a respectable wage I'd snap him up. 

Such an intelligent player.

Sadly, I think he'd be far more up for a two year deal with Orlando City with golf trips during the week. 

2 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Obviously he is pricing himself out, are you suggesting he's not good enough for the division?

it won't be up to me or you to decide that, the clubs will do that for us.

he is either mustard that everybody wants, or an expensive crock.

very good footballer at this level, or was, but not fit.