• Lee
    • Fletcher
    • Bannan
    • Harris
    • Foresrtieri
    • Joao
    • Dawson

Harris by a country mile. 

Made a very good player called Reach look ordinary today. And he is far from that.  

We play a totally different way with him in the side and now you can see why I have been banging on about him all summer to start.

We used him all the time, every opportunity we could. 

No one else gives us that outlet. And it's only when he doesn't play will you see the difference. 

Harris will be our player of the season, telling you now.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Harris by a country mile. 

Made a very good player called Reach look ordinary today. And he is far from that.  

We play a totally different way with him in the side and now you can see why I have been banging on about him all summer to start.

We used him all the time, every opportunity we could. 

No one else gives us that outlet. And it's only when he doesn't play will you see the difference. 

Harris will be our player of the season, telling you now.

He was truly outstanding.

Got to the bye-line three times, and cut in three times getting shots off each time, including the goal.

Huge threat.

1 hour ago, smhouston said:

Interesting a few people have said Fletcher wasn't great...only heard commentary but they was very complimentary of him saying he's had a really good game

He was excellent. Tireless on his own. Great target. Held it or found a green shirt.

Ran his nuts off. Tackled. Pressed. Had one headed off the line.

There are three reasons I went for Hutch.

1. It's his Birthday.
  2. game control.
  3. A diving header that joins my Wednesday headers hall of fame.

Here they are.

1. Bronco Layne set up by Colin Dobson v Wolves.
  2. Sam Ellis og for Bournemouth against Wednesday, Kop end league cup.
  3. Mark Crossley last minute leveller v Southampton at Hillsborough in 3-3 draw.
  4. Carlton Palmer and his 25 yard header in a Christmas time 4-0 demolition of Everton at Goodison.

There was a fifty yard header that was scored by Bobby Craig in a 14-0 central league victory over Barnsley, but we'll leave that one. 

• Like 4

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

What was the iFollow coverage over in Japan like? It's rubbish here

Absolutely brilliant mate. Didn’t have any problems at all!!

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Reading fans purring about Bannan.

Let's be fair, when he's in on his game, there's few better players in this division to watch. 

Fantastically gifted footballer. 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

He was excellent. Tireless on his own. Great target. Held it or found a green shirt.

Ran his nuts off. Tackled. Pressed. Had one headed off the line.

Mate, even I thought he was excellent

Thought we did well away from home against a side Id expect to see bottom 3 this season,easy game to kick us off,could have been a different story had had Lees been punished for handball just after 20 minutes,Reading were wastefull infront of goal,we looked more incisive,with the added threat of the pace of Harris.

Not sure about the ex bees kid at RB,had a torrid time for much of the game,Borner looked ok,we played a three at times with Hutch dropping back deep.

Reckon all things considered it was a decent game to kick off the season,wel face FAR stiffer tests then today,we need to be more switched on when we dont have the ball.

Great to see Lee go 90 mins.

MOM for me was Harris,cheers Colin,nice gift

Great team performance. Close between Harris, Borner and Hutch for me, but I've gone for Hutch. Broke up play, linked surprisingly well and how wonderful for him to get a goal like that! Seriously how often do we see Weds lads score with diving headers? I think we might see a few goals from Hutch this season. Now just need Palmer to finally get there and put it in the net .....

6 hours ago, Wecanbegiants said:

Just got back. 

Good away day and solid all round performance.   Fletch, Lees, Borner and Palmer outstanding. Loved seeing Lee in that advanced centre mid position with Hutch and Bannan controlling.  Man of match for me was Harris - absolutely terrified their defence and a great outlet.  Link up between him and Bannan excellent.

Only negative was that Odubajo looked like an accident waiting to happen at right back, totally off the pace of the game.  

Great support - We were sat in Reading end and there were fantastic scenes in away section after 2nd goal.  

Well done Wednesday. 

11 posts in the last 9 years.

1 hour ago, ljhowl said:

Great team performance. Close between Harris, Borner and Hutch for me, but I've gone for Hutch. Broke up play, linked surprisingly well and how wonderful for him to get a goal like that! Seriously how often do we see Weds lads score with diving headers? I think we might see a few goals from Hutch this season. Now just need Palmer to finally get there and put it in the net .....

6 posts in the last 6 years.

Two great posts, you really should post more often...don't leave it so long next time guys.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Odubajo is an excellent player. Granted he hasn’t been brilliant so far but give the boy a chance everyone!