• Fletcher
    • Bannan
    • Harris
    • Foresrtieri
    • Joao
    • Dawson

On 03/08/2019 at 17:25, Kagoshimaowl said:

Westwood 7 sending off harsh

An absolutely brilliant performance. Well done lads!!

Player body checked outside the box? Ref's got no choice.

I know he didn't mean it, and he was already committed.

But it was going to happen in a game like that.

It had to be a red, and I think Kieran Westwood should be given a chance to further improve the (already good) communication with his excellent, role-switching back line.

Edited by tonyem
Westwood's a beast! Him and Cam did good!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
23 minutes ago, tonyem said:

Player body checked outside the box? Ref's got no choice.

I know he didn't mean it, and he was already committed.

But it was going to happen in a game like that.

It had to be a red, and I think Kieran Westwood should be given a chance to further improve the (already good) communication with his excellent, role-switching back line.

I wrote this straight after the game mate. I thought he’d only caught Odubajo but having watched it again it does look like he catches Barrow. Still a bit inconclusive for me though.

Some great performances but for me Harris has to be MOTM. Before his goal he tried the same move on the same defender and got past him sothe goal was bound to happen for him. Their defender was in pieces all game trying to chase him and I love the fact we have a fast, tricky direct player who looks as though he will be good for plenty of goals and assists. Been missing a player like this since Antonio left. The fact he is hungry to prove himself shoudl stand him well to be a very very important player for us this season. 

Also thought Joao was fantastic with the difficult position he was put in late on with the red card. He held the ball up well, won fouls, stayed in the corner and scored a fantastic goal. If he was consistently this good he would be in premier league but he only plays when he wants. 

Fletcher played well but for me should have scored. He was in great positions and gets his head on the ball in the box but just needed that goal to round off his performance. 

Other mentions for Borner, Palmer and especially Bannan who as always was brilliant. 

KH had a great game, we have been starved of such a player for so long that we forgot what you expect a quick winger to do> He did a lot of what you expect a quick winger to do, but without any killer crosses or through balls. I thought he put in an above average performance for a winger, but I think there is a lot more to come from him. If he had put some decent balls into the box and got more involved second half I would have given him MOTM, but I thought three of our players played well above average right through the game.

I think I have only given Hutch MOTM once before because he too often leaves gaps or goes drawn too far forward and gets booked tackling back, when out of position, but I thought that he and Barry Bannan ran the show from midfield, with Bannan playing lots of lovely forward balls and assisting Hutch's goal and Hutch getting forward and back in timely fashion, making lots of great tackles, scoring a goal and setting up Lucas for his belter. Although at the time that Hutch played the ball in to the box I was perhaps a bit anxious and thought he should have kept possession and ticked the clock down, but what a belter of a goal from LJ! I thought that if Joao had been on a bit longer, he could have been a contender too playing like he was. They really struggled to contain him, giving away several free kicks and looking very worried every time he got the ball. My third choice though was our captain who made it all possible by closing everything down at the back, clearing up all the loose ends and keeping the back four in order pretty much all match. The goal from them was an excellent header and all three of our goals had something classy about them, so overall a very good first game for us.

More of all this again please against Barnsley. UTO! 

2 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

KH had a great game, we have been starved of such a player for so long that we forgot what you expect a quick winger to do> He did a lot of what you expect a quick winger to do, but without any killer crosses or through balls. I thought he put in an above average performance for a winger, but I think there is a lot more to come from him. If he had put some decent balls into the box and got more involved second half I would have given him MOTM, but I thought three of our players played well above average right through the game.

I think I have only given Hutch MOTM once before because he too often leaves gaps or goes drawn too far forward and gets booked tackling back, when out of position, but I thought that he and Barry Bannan ran the show from midfield, with Bannan playing lots of lovely forward balls and assisting Hutch's goal and Hutch getting forward and back in timely fashion, making lots of great tackles, scoring a goal and setting up Lucas for his belter. Although at the time that Hutch played the ball in to the box I was perhaps a bit anxious and thought he should have kept possession and ticked the clock down, but what a belter of a goal from LJ! I thought that if Joao had been on a bit longer, he could have been a contender too playing like he was. They really struggled to contain him, giving away several free kicks and looking very worried every time he got the ball. My third choice though was our captain who made it all possible by closing everything down at the back, clearing up all the loose ends and keeping the back four in order pretty much all match. The goal from them was an excellent header and all three of our goals had something classy about them, so overall a very good first game for us.

More of all this again please against Barnsley. UTO! 

I also think that Bully deserves a mention, because he did what many people want to see their manager do when they are winning and he piled on the pressure by taking off the tiring Harris and tiring Fletcher, replacing them with a hard working Forestieri and a very hard working Joao. Well done Lee Bullen, another 45 of those and we go up!

lol