Just imagine ...

... if Bullen were the man to take us back up after twenty years away.

I know its unlikely, and we can all suggest other people with records that suggest they'd be more likely to do it, but just imagine how much sweeter it would taste if we were to do it under Bullen than any other possible manager.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Any manager can have a decent season where everything clicks  - that could be Bullen, 

We don't have the worst first 11 in the world 

It's all about the first 10 games for us i think  - start off well with a not too difficult start and top 6 might be in our grasp 

Yes I agree it would be sweet to get promotion if Bullen was in charge but in making big decisions like this you cant let your heart rule your head.
Sure Lee Bullen is a nice bloke, loves the club, comes across well on the radio interviews and is a decent coach.
But has he got it in him to be a successful manager at Championship level then I'm my opinion no.
But loved to be proved wrong though.

33 minutes ago, beloved_aunt said:

I know its unlikely, and we can all suggest other people with records that suggest they'd be more likely to do it, but just imagine how much sweeter it would taste if we were to do it under Bullen than any other possible manager.

I don't get why people think you may get hammered or neg for this. If you can't be positive about what the new season holds the week before it begins then when can you be positive?

Of course Bullen taking us up would make it sweeter as he will have secured promotions for us as a player and a manager. That would be great to have a very likable wednesday player whose picture is on the montages of our history take us back up.

The team we currently have is very strong and for the last 4 seasons we have had nothing but top half (ish) football. Things are good and of course we have a chance of another good season after keeping all our good players and adding others.

Bring it on.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

It would be a bit annoying having had the key to promotion to the Premier League at the club for 15 years and taking that long to actually use it! lol

To be fair, it's probably a complete lottery anyway.   We could get Hughton and it turn into a complete nightmare.  There's obviously a reason why Bullen has remained here beyond several different managers.  My guess is that its because he works hard and always does what's best for the club. 

1 hour ago, beloved_aunt said:

went on to win the premier title, champions league, and won the world club championship so clearly they let us keep it and cancelled any further competitions.

he then took over england (part time) won the european championship and world cup, and the snooker at the crucible beating north korea's kim Jong-un in the final.

Guest wilyfox

The stuff dreams are made of - and probably where it would stay. 

As much as I'd will Bullen on to be successful, I don't think he'd last the season. Even if he did, I don't think we'd go up. 

I don't know where the idea that Bullen is a good coach has come from. Now, before you go off on one, I'm not saying he's a bad coach, I'm not even saying he isn't a good coach, I may even accept he's a great coach. To be honest I've no idea what sort of coach he is.

He started out as a youth coach, then became  development squad head coach, I think we can assume he did a good job at that level because he became assistant manager under CC but I don't know what his coaching abilities are from then on.

We know the players and the fans like him but he's a nice guy so that is no surprise.

Serious question does anyone actually know what his coaching abilities are? It's an important question if the guy is short priced to be our next manager.