Hope this guys wrong

Guest gizowl

Wish I could get paid for having crap like that published, same what Nixon's put today, implying we can't afford a British manager, total bulls hit. 

Impossible to predict our season as of right now. If we're going with what we have right now under Bullen then I think lower mid table is pretty nailed on. Some decent loans and an astute appointment with a bit on luck we could be competing for sixth but anything more than that is going to require serious investment, and massive amounts of luck which is not the Wednesday way.

8 minutes ago, Neilbono said:

Not sure about the position but everything else was spot on.

we don’t score many goals, and unless we get a decent manager we won’t.

fletcher, nuhiu, just don’t get the disorder amount of goals as strikers.

Very true, Fletcher only scores when he's playing. :tango:

He’s not a million miles away with some of that. 

Couple of things though. 

I think he’s underestimating the quality we still have in comparison to most of this league.

Also, the statistic about us being shot shy is misleading. Jos was the main reason for that and he was gone before the turn of the year. 

I do think the potential is there for a poor season, particularly if we don’t get the manger right and we fail to strengthen a bit more. But 22nd is taking the wee wee tbh.

Misinformed toll with a grudge.

Reads too much into our negative aspects, and totally underestimating our positives.

We will, 100%, end up between 7th and 16th with our current squad.

Hope a new manager and a few more additions will push us up a couple of places though.

Forestieri contributed a total of 1 screamer against Norwich and sod all else last season, and this article claims we rely on him.  Because it was partly true 3 years ago people who don't really follow Wednesday assume it still is. 

We still lack a contribution of goals and a bit of drive from central midfield imo,  and we probably don't have a genuine 20 goal striker, but even with the utter mess of a pre season, if this squad finishes 22nd something has gone spectacularly wrong. 

Steady mid table side at least.

There are simply too many poo teams in this league to get relegated unless your club is broke. The only way I can see that happening is if we get a points deduction and things get so bad we can no longer afford the wages and have to resort to playing the kids but we're not there yet. That stadium money is not going to keep us out of the poo indefinitely thou.

Edited by TrueOwl

46 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Be interesting to see if his opinion is backed up by the bookies and his company.

We're placed joint-10th going by their current odds at 16-1.

22nd are 50/1. Someone should go ask them to allow bets on Wednesday at that price, see what they say about this article then...

25 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Impossible to predict our season as of right now. If we're going with what we have right now under Bullen then I think lower mid table is pretty nailed on. Some decent loans and an astute appointment with a bit on luck we could be competing for sixth but anything more than that is going to require serious investment, and massive amounts of luck which is not the Wednesday way.

Impossible to predict anybodies season. Couple of dodgy decisions, bad injury, red card can decide a season.

He's a Leeds fan judging that article. Tbh though, it's the Championship.

We could finish any position between 1st and 24th and nobody would be surprised. That's why I love this league. 

Even with all the upheaval this summer I've not talked to anyone who can confidently predict what is going to happen. A few pessimistic fans but that's always the case. As for me, I reckon a cheeky playoff push regardless of manager. I believe in the group of players we have IF fit 

• Like 1