Hope this guys wrong

14 hours ago, bobness said:

Didn't our defensive and attacking stats improve significantly once Jos was gone? Plus, the addition of Harris should help with some of our supply problems.

I'm believing more and more that we'll do well to keep hold of Rhodes, starting him with Fletcher up front. Both know where the back of the net is, and offer us something different. Get balls into the box, and we should be laughing. 

a quicker supply to our forwards is essential.

10 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

During my time watching Wednesday I have twice seen us get promoted from this league back to the top English league.

Once with Wilko with a team built by JC the second time was with Ron Atkinson. My honest opinion is that today we don’t have one single player who could earn a regular place in either of those two teams. What we currently have at S6 is a squad of very poor to average players who will struggle to achieve a top half finish. Promotion seem light years away..

We could replace every player in our starting 11 with somebody better from other championship teams.. barring Westwood.. what we've got will finish top half tho..at least imo.. you're being harsh ..

10 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

sDuring my time watching Wednesday I have twice seen us get promoted from this league back to the top English league.

Once with Wilko with a team built by JC the second time was with Ron Atkinson. My honest opinion is that today we don’t have one single player who could earn a regular place in either of those two teams. What we currently have at S6 is a squad of very poor to average players who will struggle to achieve a top half finish. Promotion seem light years away..

I can see what you mean, to be fair what we have at present is bulk of a team set up by carlos to play in a certain way, it only had one way of playing, and is 'perhaps' more comparable to big ron's than wilkinson's.

would any of todays side got into bfr's side? I figure he might have liked a look at bannan and ff, perhaps reach. 

as for wilkinson, none would make the mark.

putting today's side up against ron's would have got it a hiding, put it up against wilkinson's and it would have wanted extensive counselling before it ever ventured onto grass again.

7 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

He’s got a point about lack of investment in the infrastructure. 

We we should have left middlewood road, or at least got another site to split the Academy from first team, by now. 

all efforts have been focussed on just one thing, it's (sadly for some) not the 'progression of the club', but was and still is promotion to the 'promised land'.

11 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

During my time watching Wednesday I have twice seen us get promoted from this league back to the top English league.

A group of players who twice finished in the play offs and 12th last season. But yeah, will struggle to finish top half.

Having read it, I think he makes some fair points and we are a bit all over the place in terms of squad balance and direction.

But last season under Bruce we showed that when we are organised and under clear instructions, we are still a good side in this league. We have more than one player capable of individual brilliance, so his argument about reliance on FF and Reach is wide off the mark. Bannan has the ability to pick a defence splitting pass out of nothing. Joao has the ability to find the net out of the blue. We have a strong pool of strikers who have great pedigree at this level. We still have one of the best keepers in the league.

He’s way off on his prediction of relegation. We need to get our managerial appointment right, and hope he carries on in the same vein as Bruce was doing. No big tactical changes. I’d like to see some form of continuity from last season. I predict mid table, but if we can add Hector, a ball winning midfielder and a pacey winger - I think we have it in us for a Play Off charge. 

Bruce has left us in the lurch and that is a big blow. That’s why the next managerial appointment needs to be bang on. 

We are a bit of unknown right now. No manager leaves a lot of question marks, but anyone who did research would know we've got more than enough to stop up comfortably.

The Championship is a mental division - it always has been.

Just in the last few years, we've seen the likes of Udders, Cardiff, United, Norwich etc., defy the odds and pre-season predictions to get themselves promoted.

Writing anyone off in this division can be a dangerous game. 

59 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

He’s got a point about lack of investment in the infrastructure. 

We we should have left middlewood road, or at least got another site to split the Academy from first team, by now. 

Wondering why would we split academy from first team? All big academies tend to train at the same facilities to incentivise the younger squads, would you agree?

It’s a pointless debate as the current owner is not interested in investing the money it would take to fund the changes, but at least retaining the current site and buying another equivalent site might be the way we would go. 

United have that set up. The Academy buildings pee all over their first team set up.