Hope this guys wrong

10 minutes ago, Dan™ said:

We're placed joint-10th going by their current odds at 16-1.

22nd are 50/1. Someone should go ask them to allow bets on Wednesday at that price, see what they say about this article then...

Seems like he knows F all, another idiot who earns a living spouting crap. Looks like any idiot can be a journo now.

10 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

Sure, if we lost Bannan and or Lee, or hutch Christ our  midfield is fragile

Palmer could do a job in midfield, this was his position many years ago, Reach could also play in middle and I reckon Nuhui could do a job there too.

Players like Alex Hunt have got another year on there back and could and should be ready to step up soon. 

I'd say there's a strong argument that we're the side most likely to still be in this division in 2020/21.

I can see why those on the outside might think we're heading for a bad season, but the neutrals don't realise that Bruce didn't come in and perform miracles, the turnaround began the day Jos left and those frozen out players came back into the squad. 

We've got mid-table written all over us.

Stopped reading as soon as I saw Milwall and reading 16th and 17th. The championship is two divisions now tbh, with any of the top 12 capable of a play off place and the same for the bottom and relegation. 

Top - Leeds, Fulham, Middlesboro, west brom, bristol, brentford, derby, wednesday, huddersfield, cardiff, stoke, forest

Bottom - milwall, reading, barnsley, charlton, luton, hull, wigan, blackburn, swansea, preston, birmingham, qpr

How can we have been relying on a player who has seldom played for us over the last two seasons and a half?

Sure structurally we’re very poor and yes top heavy with strikers, but any clown could point that out.

I agree Lees is near useless without a dominant partner, yet he forgets Borner could grow into that role.

We will do well to finish in the top 13 granted, but finish both behind Hull and 22nd? Pi$$ off.

Also look who he’s got in his Top 6... no mate.

Guest mkowl
26 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I'd say there's a strong argument that we're the side most likely to still be in this division in 2020/21.

I can see why those on the outside might think we're heading for a bad season, but the neutrals don't realise that Bruce didn't come in and perform miracles, the turnaround began the day Jos left and those frozen out players came back into the squad. 

Yep another one in that camp of thinking mid table

27 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

We’re not play off favourites. Yet any wannabe analyst who predicts a team with the division’s best goal keeper and arguably two of the best Midfielders will finish 22nd, really should stick with the day job.

1 minute ago, pussface said:

We’re not play off favourites. Yet any wannabe analyst who predicts a team with the division’s best goal keeper and arguably two of the best Midfielders will finish 22nd, really should stick with the day job.

Agree he’s a bell end with an axe to grind. We look like a mid table team to me. With the right manager and a few quality editions we could make a push for the top 6 but predicting 22nd is taking the pìss, unless Jos is coming back...

1 minute ago, pussface said:

Yeah, lazy manager based prediction, we see it go the other way like when Harry Redknapp went to Birmingham a few seasons ago and people were predicting them to go up, they ended up staying up on the last day if I remember rightly. Same with Jose when he went to Manu, people thought they were suddenly going to turn into title winners.

I personally think the importance of the manager is often exaggerated but that's another debate entirely.

Absolutely mid table team.

we will be between 8th and 18th depending on how good new boss is, how well we do with injuries and if we get a centre back to partner lees.

22nd is a possibility if we end up relying on likes of Van aken and one of the reserve goalies, as we won’t score many so need to be water tight at the back.

9 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

we will be between 8th and 18th depending on how good new boss is, how well we do with injuries and if we get a centre back to partner lees.

22nd is a possibility if we end up relying on likes of Van aken and one of the reserve goalies, as we won’t score many so need to be water tight at the back.

So basically we will either finish mid table or be relegated? lol

Edited by owls maniac

58 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Palmer could do a job in midfield, this was his position many years ago, Reach could also play in middle and I reckon Nuhui could do a job there too.

Players like Alex Hunt have got another year on there back and could and should be ready to step up soon. 

I reckon van aken could play there as well...good passer and his crap positional sense wouldn't be so much of a problem in the middle

13 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

You don't half talk some sh*te. 

As far as I am concerned it's down to our new manager. Get one that is a good man manager and a good tactical brain and an eye for a player that we actually need we will be in top 4, get a stubborn Jos type then it is hold on and don't look time. New manager is key.