David Moyes

11 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Tbf whoever we appoint they'll be a number of our fans moaning and slagging him off from start. 

I'm sure some expect us to go and get Jurrgen Klopp or Pep Guardiola.

Terrible football.. tippy tappy crap

25 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

I think he would be great for us. But get the feeling people wouldn't be keen. 

Why would we not want an ex Manchester United manager in charge? 

You have got to be a blade taking the wee wee...

9 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Failed at Manchester United.

Failed at Real Sociedad.

Failed at Sunderland.

Did okay at West Ham.

Been out of work for 12 months.

Hardly a glowing endorsement for what he’s been up to for the last 6 years is it.

I think he got a raw deal at Manchester United. His record wasn’t that bad. He just happened to follow the most successful manager in history. 

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Failed at Manchester United.

Failed at Real Sociedad.

Failed at Sunderland.

Did okay at West Ham.

Been out of work for 12 months.

Hardly a glowing endorsement for what he’s been up to for the last 6 years is it.

To be fair..

he did as well as any of the other post-ferguson managers, barring one freak season under mourinho.

sociedad was a failure.. but fair play for trying his luck in a very different league.

sunderland has been a cursed club for everyone, and they're not where they are now because of the managers.

wasn't welcomed at west ham, but seemed to have stabilised them and won the fans respect by the end.

and all this ignores a decade of being one of the best managers in the premier league with everton. give him a bit of time and a club thats not in a downwards spiral from the second he arrives and he seems like he can do a very good job.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

I think he would be great for us. But get the feeling people wouldn't be keen. 

Why would we not want an ex Manchester United manager in charge? 

ou are correct would be negative impact.

26 minutes ago, abdiwonderland said:

He's a proper manager in the Bruce mould we so craved. 

Agreed. I think he would be bloody marvellous. Some of our fans a deluded about what we could get I think, either that or deluded about the quality of other candidates. 

However Skybet have him at 25/1. When you consider that Wednesday legend Brian Barry-Murphy is at 20/1, I think it is ssfe to say Moyes is not somebody we're talking to

I don't really do negatives on here, but this is the closest i've come. Has done a good job nowhere. I include Everton in this, finished 7th every year and made the scouse derby one sided in his time there. Exactly the same as every manager has done since. Kenwright is the reason they are ok, not moyes. Avoid Moyes at all costs, should be an assistant manager like Steve Mclaren. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

2 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

finished 7th every year

Exactly the same as every manager has done since.

Martinez did ok first season, then dumped everton down into the bottom half of the table two seasons in a row.

koeman and silva almost got them back to consistently being 'best of the rest', but finished behind burnley and wolves respectively.

so i feel like you're belittling and misrepresenting a wee bit.

3 minutes ago, cookeh said:

Martinez did ok first season, then dumped everton down into the bottom half of the table two seasons in a row.

koeman and silva almost got them back to consistently being 'best of the rest', but finished behind burnley and wolves respectively.

so i feel like you're belittling and misrepresenting a wee bit.

Martinez finished 5th in his first season in charge, Moyes had finished 6th season before, 7th season before that. Martinez finished 11th yes, like Moyes did in his tenure in 2006. Koeman finished 7th, Allardyce and Unsworth combined finished 8th. Most coaches at Everton finish between 5th-11th.

Since leaving Everton name a good job that Moyes has done? Man U? West Ham? Sunderland? Real Sociedad? All went terrible. Avoid. 

51 minutes ago, Sticky belly said:

Because he’s as dull as dishwater and his style of football is horrendous :duntmatter:

His Man Utd side broke the record for the number of crosses in a single match. We've got Rhodes and Fletcher and just signed wide players. You know it makes sense. I love some good wing play me

• Haha 1