David Moyes

14 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

I don't really do negatives on here, but this is the closest i've come. Has done a good job nowhere. I include Everton in this, finished 7th every year and made the scouse derby one sided in his time there. Exactly the same as every manager has done since. Kenwright is the reason they are ok, not moyes. Avoid Moyes at all costs, should be an assistant manager like Steve Mclaren. Avoid Avoid Avoid.

To be fair to him, he finished 4th, 5th x 2 and 6th x2. No other manager has replicated that since.

27 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I think he got a raw deal at Manchester United. His record wasn’t that bad. He just happened to follow the most successful manager in history. 

Showed an astonishing lack of judgement by ousting Fergies staff who were proven winners and knew the United way and replacing them with his own staff who had won nothing. 

1 minute ago, Castleford Owl said:

To be fair to him, he finished 4th, 5th x 2 and 6th x2. No other manager has replicated that since.

Martinez finished 5th at the first chance of asking. Moyes also finished 17th and 11th in his time there, which at any other football club would have got him sacked. Kenwright runs the club well that is why they are up there for me.

And again that was over half a decade ago. Can we look at his last 4 jobs? Man u = disaster, Sunderland = disaster, Real sociedad = disaster, west ham = just bad and boring to be fair. But still. :duntmatter:

Do we want Steve Mclaren because he did well at Middlesboro ages ago? Avoid please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Showed an astonishing lack of judgement by ousting Fergies staff who were proven winners and knew the United way and replacing them with his own staff who had won nothing. 

5 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Martinez finished 5th at the first chance of asking. Moyes also finished 17th and 11th in his time there, which at any other football club would have got him sacked. Kenwright runs the club well that is why they are up there for me.

And again that was over half a decade ago. Can we look at his last 4 jobs? Man u = disaster, Sunderland = disaster, Real sociedad = disaster, west ham = just bad and boring to be fair. But still. :duntmatter:

Do we want Steve Mclaren because he did well at Middlesboro ages ago? Avoid please.

Indeed. 

Shocker of a Manager, and I back our Chairman 100% in not even considering him.

Anyone going against our Chairmans judgement in this thread need to take a long hard look in the mirror.

26 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not arguing over his judgement with the staff or signings, but his record was not that bad.

He had 51 games in charge with a points-per-game average of 1.76.

Louis van Gaal managed 1.82.  Jose Mourinho managed 1.97.

So over the course of a 38 game season with their respective PPG, Manchester United would average 72 points under Mourinho, 69 points under van Gaal and 67 points under Moyes.  

Last season, Manchester United finished on 66 points.  

Was Moyes a success?  No.  But I would argue he wasn't the complete disaster many make him out to be.  It's almost like the further Manchester United moved away from the Ferguson era, the easier managers found the job.  When Ferguson was coming to the end of his time in Manchester I was living with a Manchester United fan.  I argued time and time again that the person who took over from Ferguson was taking the most difficult job in history and would not last long.  The shoes were too big to step into, and the shadow too long to get out from under.  

Apologies for taking the thread slightly off topic...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Westfield Owl said:

Failed at Manchester United.

Failed at Real Sociedad.

Failed at Sunderland.

Did okay at West Ham.

Been out of work for 12 months.

Hardly a glowing endorsement for what he’s been up to for the last 6 years is it.

Tbf who has done well at united since Ferguson left?

1 minute ago, Yellowbelly said:

People going nuts over Hughton but turning their noses up at Moyes?!?

Really?

I’m with you, I’m not over the moon with Hughton, it might be silly reason but, all I can remember of him was underperforming in premier league, I might be wrong but I think it was Newcastle, I’ve not googled it! But some memory puts me off him.