David Moyes

9 hours ago, Spookone said:

The same Carlos who had us playing some of the most exciting football we've seen in decades and reaching the play off final - that Carlos? :duntmatter:

The same Carlos who nigh on ruined Kieran Lee’s career. 

The same Carlos who scoured the world looking at over 200 defenders and then signed Van Aken for 4 million quid. 

that Carlos?  :duntmatter:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

He inherited the same players that had just won the league and 12 months later, Moyes left them in 7th.  The club’s worst end of season table position in a generation.  It wasn’t expected that post-Ferguson, they would deteriorate as rapidly as that.

Even if you think his Manchester United spell is remembered to be worst than it actually was, what has this bloke done in the last 6 years to make you think he’d be a decent appointment?

Van Gaal and Mourinho both won trophies at Manchester United.  They both qualified for the Champions League.  Ridiculous to state Moyes’ spell was on the same level.

Moyes is a large part of the reason why Sunderland had been in a downward spiral.  He got them relegated after a decade of Premier League football.

He did well at Everton but FFS, talk about digging up the past, that was a long time ago.  If we’re going to start talking up managers that did well 10+ years ago as potential managers at Wednesday, you might as well throw in O’Neill, Allardyce, Jol and Curbishley.

I don’t think he’d be a good appointment. Just stating his Man Utd performance, and the circumstances around it, are more complicated than it first seems. 

14 hours ago, Tommycraign10others said:

It’s odd how people forget what Carvalhal served up after the first season and also how good Moyes has been at Preston and Everton. If we could be where Everton have been the last 20 years I don’t think we would be too unhappy 

Oh there are people on here who would be unhappy :)

8 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

I'd rate him higher than Bruce, I agree he was once a good manager

I think once is the key word here.
Think some people are being a bit harsh on Moyes on this thread. Was excellent at Preston and his record at Everton is also very good considering the resources he was given but you do get the feeling his is yesterdays man similar to Martin O'Neil. 
Maybe he has one good job left in him to prove all the critics wrong but would be slightly underwhelmed if he took over.

9 hours ago, kingsidney said:

The same Carlos who nigh on ruined Kieran Lee’s career. 

The same Carlos who scoured the world looking at over 200 defenders and then signed Van Aken for 4 million quid. 

that Carlos?  :duntmatter:

No not that one, the one who gave us an amazing season of football lol

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WatfordOwl said:

I think he's yesterday's man unfortunately. 

Had the job of a lifetime at Everton, and took the job that was an impossible task straight after Fergie left Man U, nothing to shout about since - including a pretty embarrassing spell at Real Sociedad.

We've effectively had 3 seasons of upheaval and things eventually falling flat, someone needs to come in and be a genuine inspiration with positive, fresh vibe about them. He's not that man unfortunately.  

I think that this is a problem with many of the names being put forth as potential managers. On the other hand many of the younger managers are a bit of a gamble. 

DC has a vital job in trying to get this next appointment right.

19 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Because he’s as dull as dishwater and his style of football is horrendous :duntmatter:

I really do wonder at times if promotion is a secondary target following 'playing the correct way' to some of our fans.

they we're fans happy when 'he's boring and plays the wrong type of football' Wilkinson went to l**ds, to win the title.

there were fans happy at coco's shambles because it met their 'criteria' of 'proper football' ie passing it sideways 15+ times before crossing the half way line, then 60 seconds later passing it back through the defence to our keeper.

as long as it fits their 'barca play the correct way' ideals, they think we're going in the right direction, well barca can afford the best players in the world, whilst we can't even afford the best players in the championship, and look what happened to barca when it dropped on english football at liverpoo'?

wednesday need to build a side that wins, and wins in the english championship, it wins because the manager sends it out to win, and not just aimlessly pass it around, we need a manager whose 'style' is WINNING, not arsing about again.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

I don't actually mind Moyes. He speaks well and did a good job at Everton. What used to concern me a little were the strange claims about his weird ways managing and disciplining players. Not sure his methods on that side of things go down too well. 

9 hours ago, dorian gray said:

I really do wonder at times if promotion is a secondary target following 'playing the correct way' to some of our fans.

they we're fans happy when 'he's boring and plays the wrong type of football' Wilkinson went to l**ds, to win the title.

there were fans happy at coco's shambles because it met their 'criteria' of 'proper football' ie passing it sideways 15+ times before crossing the half way line, then 60 seconds later passing it back through the defence to our keeper.

as long as it fits their 'barca play the correct way' ideals, they think we're going in the right direction, well barca can afford the best players in the world, whilst we can't even afford the best players in the championship, and look what happened to barca when it dropped on english football at liverpoo'?

wednesday need to build a side that wins, and wins in the english championship, it wins because the manager sends it out to win, and not just aimlessly pass it around, we need a manager whose 'style' is WINNING, not arsing about again.

Ideally any fan wants slick, entertaining football that leads to promotion.

But I would much rather have a season of boring football and promotion than slick entertaining football with no promotion.

29 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We attracted Bruce...but cant get Moyes.

Ok then. 

I think we attracted Bruce because we let him arse around with us and he couldn't believe his luck