David Moyes

23 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

We’ve actually got fans who thinks a guy who has managed in the top half of the Premiership most of his career and was Alex Ferguson’s recommendation to replace himself at Man Utd is not good enough for us.

Meanwhile we have fans advocating giving Bullen the role because they ‘like’ him and everyone has to ‘start somewhere’.

The mind boggles it really does. 

The desired applause, laughter and effect satisfied. The only conclusion you can draw from that, is that our fans are not homogeneous ! 

3 minutes ago, bhaigh107 said:

David Moyes would be a great signing but I think he will wait for a premiership side to sack their manager 

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think if Moyes was offered the job he would come.

Not managed for a year and that was only a temporary position at West Ham. 

Must know its unlikely he will get offered a Premiership job again.

The coin is in the air and spinning lol

40 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

We’ve actually got fans who thinks a guy who has managed in the top half of the Premiership most of his career and was Alex Ferguson’s recommendation to replace himself at Man Utd is not good enough for us.

Meanwhile we have fans advocating giving Bullen the role because they ‘like’ him and everyone has to ‘start somewhere’.

Moyes alongside Bullen +1 other sounds like a good combination to me 

46 minutes ago, owler66 said:

I think we attracted Bruce because we let him arse around with us and he couldn't believe his luck 

Yes...you might have a point.

Got to feel for Chansiri. The only manager who seemingly didn't take advantage of him was Jos. Unfortunately, Jos was flipping useless. 

On 17/07/2019 at 15:33, abdiwonderland said:

I think he would be great for us. But get the feeling people wouldn't be keen. 

Why would we not want an ex Manchester United manager in charge? 

We would need to take our bed pillows to Hillsborough and fall asleep until after the final whistle and his interview.

11 hours ago, Spookone said:

Ideally any fan wants slick, entertaining football that leads to promotion.

But I would much rather have a season of boring football and promotion than slick entertaining football with no promotion.

there'd be some amongst our fanbase that wouldn't, and was about to counter that I didn't see how you could be promoted playing 'boring' football, but then I thought of wagner at 'uddersfield.

The goal is promotion not necessarily how we do it.

There's more than one way to skin a cat...

That said I do worry that Moyes' methods would involve chloroform on paws, valium in the kitekat and a potent cocktail of painkillers.

We probably won't feel or remember a thing, but would it matter so long as the operation was a success ?

11 hours ago, Mishowl said:

Great analysis,  totally agree , some fans stuck in stone age 

On 17/07/2019 at 15:51, Westfield Owl said:

Failed at Manchester United.

Failed at Real Sociedad.

Failed at Sunderland.

Did okay at West Ham.

Been out of work for 12 months.

Hardly a glowing endorsement for what he’s been up to for the last 6 years is it.

personally I think man u was way to big a job for him, (for me) he was handed a poison chalice, just look how many more have 'failed' there since.

Just now, dorian gray said:

personally I think man u was way to big a job for him, (for me) he was handed a poison chalice, just look how many more have 'failed' there since.

The difference is Van Gaal and Mourinho both won trophies at Manchester United.  They both qualified for the Champions League too.  Moyes took a team that had just finished as champions and took them to finish 7th.

Just now, Westfield Owl said:

The difference is Van Gaal and Mourinho both won trophies at Manchester United.  They both qualified for the Champions League too.  Moyes took a team that had just finished as champions and took them to finish 7th.

I thought moyes spent little (as I said) I thought he was out of his depth, and handed a poison chalice.

I do believe letting van gaal go was a mistake, whilst mourinho spent more that NASA.

44 minutes ago, Rhubarb n Custard said:

The goal is promotion not necessarily how we do it.

There's more than one way to skin a cat...

That said I do worry that Moyes' methods would involve chloroform on paws, valium in the kitekat and a potent cocktail of painkillers.

We probably won't feel or remember a thing, but would it matter so long as the operation was a success ?

Think you are being a bit harsh on Moyes style of play.
His Everton sides were usually hard working and well organised. 

I think Moyles was an excellent manager - he did a great job at Everton. Ferguson thought so too.

The worry would be; does he still have the hunger for it? I feel he's been lacking motivation since his career peaked when appointed Man Utd boss.

Think he might just be treading water these days picking up pay cheques and pay offs. But if we can get him invested and motivated he could be a real asset.