Odds For The New Manager

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

I hope Mr C has got over his phase of looking at unknown foreign coaches with little on their CVs.

That would be a good start.

No Billy Von Tinkelwinkle from Armenian 2nd Division side FC Surefire Batteries etc.

Billy Von Tinkelwinkle could end up being the greatest manager in the history of the English game.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

At Birmingham rescued them from relegation and took them from 21st in league up to 10th in half a season.  Following year, with an average at best squad and little funds had them in 7th challenging for play offs and over performimg only to be undeservedly sacked and replaced by Zola who frittered funds and then won 2 in 24.

Then had a better squad at both Derby and Stoke and did nothing, it's all about opinions.

3 hours ago, dobbo said:

Not quite sure how you can say he just did an ok job at Brum, he performed miracles to get that side anywhere near the top half of the table.

They finished 10th in what was not a really competitive season for the championship, imo 

How funny would it be if Bruce rocks up at Northampton. Newcastle appoint the french guy and it’s all been testicles?  Somethings really not adding up at the moment. It’s bizzarre

8 minutes ago, Plonk said:

How funny would it be if Bruce rocks up at Northampton. Newcastle appoint the french guy and it’s all been testicles?  Somethings really not adding up at the moment. It’s bizzarre

If official announcements are anything to go by, ie none so far from anyone, you could be on the money.

25 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Jesus that would be too surreal, would have to be for a new episode of Game For a Laugh

4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Who’s chuffin piling on Zola ffs!? Best not be that clown! Cracking player but just not a manager. 

Sheep follow sheep , everyone’s flapping and putting money on Zola 

The most interesting names are the seemingly unrealistic or out of reach names (i.e. the likes of GVB; Genesio and Arteta, along with Hughton) and the most interesting realistic names are the likes of Cook; Stendel and the Cowley's). I'd look at the likes of those mentioned as unrealistic and realistic within the betting or similar to them, that aren't yet in the betting. 

If DC is understandably disappointed by being messed around with Bruce, then I would think, he'd try hard to get this appointment right and/or for it potentially being a kind of statement of intent or interesting appointment.

The rest I'd avoid if I were DC, especially the many out of work usual names that can't find jobs and the merry-go-round job hopping types. Plus the obscure Carlos and Jos types.

It might have to be an out of the box but smart or forward thinking type of appointment. Foreign but with pedigree or already over here or with contacts plus recently retired players turned coaches or up and coming EFL managers, might be the best ways to go about it, looking at the betting field and managerial appointment trends.

20 hours ago, casbahowl said:

As posted in another thread .... me & a mate just bet a tenner each with Sky bet on Gary Monk after a 3rd hand tip and the odds immediately dropped from 10’s to 8’s lol

Keep betting on him as you’re betting record is poo ! That way Hughton is in the frame 

On 15/07/2019 at 14:33, Simaniac Owl said:

The only sensible choice. 

Our Gaz. 

Given some of the appauling alternatives out there as things stand, Meggo would be a decent shout in the interim period, HAIL THE MESSAH!!!!garymegsongarymegson

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not this time but perhaps in a few years when we are after a new manager I would love us to give Hutch a go. Think he would make a brilliant young manager if that’s something he wants to do. 

What's led you to think this  ?.