Odds For The New Manager

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Obviously Bruce isn’t going to be in the dugout tonight. Perhaps after the game DC will release a statement? Personally feel something needs to be said by the club. 

It’s getting frustrating,  but I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

Really think we could be looking at a situation where Chansiri ain’t accepting what Ashley’s offered and he’s rejected Bruce’s resignation 

9 hours ago, SiJ said:

If we approached an opposition club and asked to speak with their manager and things were all done through the correct channels (not played out in the media like the whole Bruce fiasco was), then I don't think we could be subject to too much criticism.

That is not how things work, we approach Barnsley they say “no way”, Stendel ‘obviously‘ looking for an opportunity to move to a club with PL ambitions gets the hump says he wants the move, Barnsley dig their heals in and demand £5M in compo for disrupting their preseason, we say not a chance, Stendel resigns. Sound familiar?

Alternatively if Barnsley refuse and we say ok no problem they still have a very unhappy manager and potentially a very toxic fan base. 

Zola price has started to drift now 5-2. This is a relief.

GVB is still tightening  as low as 5-1. This could be bits and pieces of money or somebody with some knowledge. Betting still looks open we could still see major changes in beting tomorrow. 

Think both clubs still discussing slap head and clapper clem.

6 minutes ago, Quist said:

GVB is still tightening  as low as 5-1. This could be bits and pieces of money or somebody with some knowledge. Betting still looks open we could still see major changes in beting tomorrow. 

I’ve been thinking that as these two seem to be in effect one person, they need a collective name, similar to how Brad and Angelina became Brangelina, and Britain and Exit became Brexit.

So I propose... Clag. And when they’ve finally scuttled off, we can use the old Viz classic advert.

104C0ED2-57A3-4D0E-9CD7-D253AE66E0EB.png

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

I'd love it if we really are considering GVB. Although I see the sense in the likes of Hughton, Cook and Neil. I'm more excited by the likes of GVB; Arteta, Vieira, Genesio and Tedesco, etc. On one hand I'd like us to be smart and quick about it but the more I think about it the more I would love it, if DC decided to make an ambitious statement of intent or a clever forward thinking appointment by appointing someone with pedigree or going for a young manager/coach with big club contacts and links.

5 hours ago, The Night-Owl said:

The most interesting names are the seemingly unrealistic or out of reach names (i.e. the likes of GVB; Genesio and Arteta, along with Hughton) and the most interesting realistic names are the likes of Cook; Stendel and the Cowley's). I'd look at the likes of those mentioned as unrealistic and realistic within the betting or similar to them, that aren't yet in the betting. 

If DC is understandably disappointed by being messed around with Bruce, then I would think, he'd try hard to get this appointment right and/or for it potentially being a kind of statement of intent or interesting appointment.

The rest I'd avoid if I were DC, especially the many out of work usual names that can't find jobs and the merry-go-round job hopping types. Plus the obscure Carlos and Jos types.

It might have to be an out of the box but smart or forward thinking type of appointment. Foreign but with pedigree or already over here or with contacts plus recently retired players turned coaches or up and coming EFL managers, might be the best ways to go about it, looking at the betting field and managerial appointment trends.

I do have a sneaking feeling that DC will surprise us all with the appointment and not in a bad way. It could well be someone like Genesio (maybe not him), but someone we wouldn't think we would have a chance of attracting. Someone way above our expectations. I just can't see him going for a journeyman. It will be someone with a track record in continental football at a high level who wants to break in to the English game. The wages will make our eyes water.

I think the loss of our previous manager will galvanise DC, he will want to get promoted more than ever to stuff it to Bruce and keep the goodwill of the fans. 

I hope I'm right. 

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Lord Snooty, will tell you it's the footballing Gods smiling nicely upon us again finally, for having proper stripes front and back and a green goalkeepers shirt :ph34r:lol

when was the last time we'd sae a green goalkeepers shirt then ? must have been a good few years now.:tango: