Odds For The New Manager

1 minute ago, Mishowl said:

Genuine questions mate, not meant to be argumentative.

Who do you want and how long are you prepared to wait?

What if we went with Bullen and lost the first 5 but the available candidates hadn’t changed? 

It is all a bit Catch 22.

Leaving Bullen in charge is a risky move...but then appointing some of the names touted around fills me with a sense of dread.

Basically, Fathead has left us in the proverbial.

1 minute ago, Mishowl said:

What if we went with Bullen and lost the first 5 but the available candidates hadn’t changed? 

Yeah that’s a risk, but the same could happen with any of the other candidates. At least we won’t be stuck with someone on a three year contract

Just now, gurujuan said:

Yeah that’s a risk, but the same could happen with any of the other candidates. At least we won’t be stuck with someone on a three year contract

That much is true...though contracts mean f all these days.

Just ask Steve Bruce.

s29wfc Possibly, but he was 8/1 this morning,  That's a hell of load of cash been lumped on him to go 4/9.

it's not that big a market  colmans has been 4/7 on the strength of DC liking mustard 

what it does indicate is that they've had a surge of owl talkers putting a 10 on and Jimb sticking 25 on 

does it mean he'll get the job nope

does it mean there's a possibility yep , much stronger if people back him down to 1/7 and lower  because you have to be an idiot to take those odds but you will if its a done deal  BUT even then i've known it feck up 

3 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Hughton is clearly the most suitable replacement but if we can't get him then, whoever gets it, we should still give as h much a chance as any. Whoever gets it we should give the benefit of doubt. They'll be coming in near to the season, whoever gets it will have a job on their hands to get ready for the start of the season. There's little time left to bring players in and we still don't know when the soft embargo will end.

We finished mid table, which looked beyond us before Jos was axed. The last couple of seasons at times we've been in utter disarray, hampered by injury and hindered by FFP/P&S. Yet, at times last season after Jos left, we looked like a top 6 challenger again. The squad is there for a new man to have a decent go but it will be tricky and we still need strengthening. But let's give whoever gets it, the best chance by backing them, who knows what might happen if they take to the job like Carlos in his first season or Bruce last season.

Whoever Gets It 40/1 on Sky Bet. Lump on. 

Bookies have been making a mint off us. A name gets suggested, everyone lumps on their dollar, the folk on here tell us odds are tumbling & it’s inevitable, that causes more of us to lump on it & the cycle continues for 24 hrs until nothing happens & we move on to the next name on the list.

absolutely crackers int it?

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Whoever Gets It 40/1 on Sky Bet. Lump on. 

My point is no matter who gets it, we should give them a chance and the benefit of doubt. There's little time left till the season starts, it will be tricky for whoever gets it but you never know at this level, when things click and you get momentum or something. It won't help anyone by acting like spoilt children like the Geordies or some other top flight fans, on the backs of the new man or DC or something before we even kick off the season.

Edited by The Night-Owl

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Yes I know that but I mean rather than it actually meaning something is happening it probably is people just putting money on him without knowing if anything is happening. 

wasn't trying to be too clever mate, but that is what's happening,  what your asking is do these people on here know anything ? I suspect a few of them are trying to be itk 

remember once someone on here drop a tip to get on laws for the Burnley job  33/1 i got boom 

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

wasn't trying to be too clever mate, but that is what's happening,  what your asking is do these people on here know anything ? I suspect a few of them are trying to be itk 

remember once someone on here drop a tip to get on laws for the Burnley job  33/1 i got boom 

That’s pretty good going. How much did you put on? 

15 minutes ago, Mishowl said:

Then we won 1 out of the following 5 

Would any body want it ? 

No

Another season wasted

2 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

Bookies have been making a mint off us. A name gets suggested, everyone lumps on their dollar, the folk on here tell us odds are tumbling & it’s inevitable, that causes more of us to lump on it & the cycle continues for 24 hrs until nothing happens & we move on to the next name on the list.

absolutely crackers int it?

This is how the Bruce to Newcastle betting went .

22 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I would imagine there are plenty. The thing is, most of these managers were applying for jobs, when Norwich, United, Villa, and even Barnsley were looking for a boss. They went out and got the man they wanted, not just selected the least worst option

Not sure you’re comparing like for like. 

Most of their clubs planned to sack a manager and when that happens they usually have an idea of who they want. We have been left in the lurch on the eve of the season and we need someone who can and will work with this squad.

Most of the names we have on the list wouldn’t have gone to manage Barnsley. United kissed a fair few frogs. 

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Also, if Rowett was imminent we’d have probably seen something in the press by now 

not the local tho 

kin ell they are still wondering who Jos is ?

awaits tweet from biggs   It may be Rowett or hughton then again ...