Odds For The New Manager

Over time I think that Gurujuan has made some good points about the changing role of a striker's requirements at this level of football.

Howver I find the comments about a visionary and youthful manager somewhat perplexing.

I doubt that Klopp, Pochetino, Conte or Zidane were among the 100 applicants for the SWFC manager's job.

Gurujuan needs to give us a name not an idyllic concept.

Can’t see why previous “failures” are being held against Rowett. Given that in context his sacking at Birmingham was harsh and he chose to leave Derby to join Stoke. The latter was a failure but not an easy job either.

Pretty much any manager in the running other than Hughton could be a failure, even Bruce at Villa. 

I think we would be making a very sound and timely appointment in Rowett.

Guest oz_owl
16 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

Well fortunately this job at Hillsborough would be a smaller job than the Stoke one if you are measuring it against quality of player, money available and association with the Premier League. 

That's not the conclusion I'd draw from that comparison.  The job with Stoke should be easier, based on quality of player, money available, and association with the PL.  Unless we're not aiming for promotion, in which cast it doesn't really matter.  :laugh:

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Can’t see why previous “failures” are being held against Rowett. Given that in context his sacking at Birmingham was harsh and he chose to leave Derby to join Stoke. The latter was a failure but not an easy job either.

Pretty much any manager in the running other than Hughton could be a failure, even Bruce at Villa. 

I think we would be making a very sound and timely appointment in Rowett.

Yeah but to be fair you’d hope to balance some promotions against the failures but Rowett hasn’t actually achieved substantial anything before.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah but to be fair you’d hope to balance some promotions against the failures but Rowett hasn’t actually achieved substantial anything before.

He hasn’t but does he need to have had them? 

We could go for Pulis if we wanted former promotions. Or Karanka. But I don’t think either of them would be ideal with the first being unpopular and the second probably needing to do a fair bit of cosmetic work to the side.

Edited by Bluesteel

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

This is the thing, it seems it’s all about naming a manager no matter what People seem happy championing someone, merely because he’s one of the least worst options on a bookies list, made up almost entirely of bad options