Odds For The New Manager

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Chansiri set the club, and his own fortunes, back a couple of years, with the ridiculous signing of Jordan Rhodes. Is he going to do the same again by appointing Gary Rowett as our manager.

Hughton doesn’t want it..

who would you pick who who is available? 

Guest oz_owl

With Hughton seemingly out of the running we appear to be left with managers who have recently failed at this level, for various reasons.

I certainly don't think Rowett is a bad appointment on the face of it, but I worry that each time he has moved up to a seemingly bigger job his managerial performance has got worse.  

23 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Chansiri set the club, and his own fortunes, back a couple of years, with the ridiculous signing of Jordan Rhodes. Is he going to do the same again by appointing Gary Rowett as our manager.

Hughton is the standout candidate. If he doesn’t want it, I’d probably give it to Rowett. Look at the names available on the betting. Forget a foreign manager at this point - for me that would be a project and the new man needs to work with what he’s got. 

22 minutes ago, oz_owl said:

With Hughton seemingly out of the running we appear to be left with managers who have recently failed at this level, for various reasons.

I certainly don't think Rowett is a bad appointment on the face of it, but I worry that each time he has moved up to a seemingly bigger job his managerial performance has got worse.  

Well fortunately this job at Hillsborough would be a smaller job than the Stoke one if you are measuring it against quality of player, money available and association with the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Hughton is the standout candidate. If he doesn’t want it, I’d probably give it to Rowett. Look at the names available on the betting. Forget a foreign manager at this point - for me that would be a project and the new man needs to work with what he’s got. 

If a coach has to work with what he has, then aren’t we better getting a tactician?