Odds For The New Manager

Not feeling this will be sorted tommorow ...

I think if Chansiri wants Hughton he may give him a bit of time to think and try and sell it to him by dealing with this embargo, I don’t think for a minute that Hughton would have spoken to the club if he wasn’t interested 

Edited by Guest

Guest Ash76
27 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

To be fair Guru. The man you suggested (Hurst) was more or less out of a job by Xmas.

Anyone wanting Paul Hurst over Gary Rowett is on summat 

Guest Ferkorf
5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Whos the special one then?

He meant special brew... we have one lined up if Rowett doesn't accept the job

The embargo clearly has the potential to hurt us when it comes to attracting a quality manager and making an appointment. You have to hope the powers that be in the EFL are not deliberately dragging their feet (as well as their knuckles....) as a way of punishing us for the way we attempted to sidestep their FFP rules. 

Edited by Morepork

Just now, Morepork said:

The embargo clearly has the potential to hurt us when it comes to attracting a quality manager and making an appointment. You have to hope the powers that be in the EFL are not deliberately dragging their feet (as well as their knuckles....) as a way of punishing us for the way we appear to have sidestepped their FFP rules. 

Have we side stepped it though, there’s no signs to say there anywhere near ready to lift the embargo 

It will not be rowett. Bookies just getting folk talking and betting. They don’t know, but that doesn’t help them get people betting if it never moves. It was zola then Coleman and then bullen and now rowett. They don’t know they are just guessing. Like us. lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Have we side stepped it though, there’s no signs to say there anywhere near ready to lift the embargo 

Apologies, I've amended my comment to be clearer, I meant to make the point you raise. 

I'd be surprised if Bullen is just given the job. 

Suspect he'd have to prove himself for a few more games as caretaker first. 

Rowett...meh, but I think he's a better manager than most of those available. 

He's still pretty young and has a point to prove after Stoke. Did decent work at Birmingham and a solid enough job with Derby. 

Who knows, perhaps we are the club where it really clicks for him? 

Ideally, Hughton takes the gig, but that seems to be unlikely. 

Edited by SiJ

Just now, Carbone said:

Rowett.. Sacked from Birmingham because he kept telling the owner how much money Derby were offering him. Is this somebody DC really wants to hire?

Not another snake please.

Is that the actual reason? lol 

20 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Rowett.. Sacked from Birmingham because he kept telling the owner how much money Derby were offering him. Is this somebody DC really wants to hire?

Ain’t gonna find loyalty in this game am afraid 

27 minutes ago, Carbone said:

Not saying you're wrong mate,  But why would they sack him and not just let him go to Derby and save money?  Maybe even make a bit of money for him.