Odds For The New Manager

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Disagree to a certain extent. Think any manager that finally gets hmsptl in full sail will grow to love it.  If Hughton has us top three by Christmas and Newcastle sack cabbage head he would be mad to jump ship. And before you say Bruce did, the entire population think he is mad. 

I'd be very happy for you to be right on this!!!! lol As we've just seen, It doesn't matter if the entire world think your actions are irrational if you don't.

Hughton was a great manager at Brighton in every sense and yet they still fired him when many would think he deserved much better. It's easy to see how we've reached a point at which loyalty is such a rare commodity. 

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

People like me? Ha, more like people like you, stuck in past, and that sort of thinking is what’s held us back

Whoever we appoint I hope they are successful, you however would love for any one to fail that was not your choice who are your top 3 targets out of interest?

w

18 minutes ago, Morepork said:

Hughton, a superb appointment. But, lets be honest with ourselves, he will be out the door "A La Bruce" style if a Premier League opportunity arises. With Hughton, that could come around Christmas regardless of him being successful with us or not.

Rowett, an excellent appointment. He would need to be successful with us to get a chance up there so its a season at least........

I'd still prefer a progressive appointment like Cowley who I feel has a little more integrity around committing to a project and seeing it through based on what he's done at Lincoln.

100 Applicants......I'd like to automatically reduce that to 99 because you can bet your life that tw@t McClaren is one of them.......shudder. As an aside, I'd love to know how that list breaks down in terms of Nationality, Experience, Achievements and number of times previously fired..... lol

Stick a £5M release fee on his contract and we would be quids in provided he doesn't go to the barcodes when the snake gets the boot at Christmas. Anyone else will pay up and we can rinse and repeat until we are sorted for P & S,

Edited by prowl

1 minute ago, kevtheowl said:

Seems to be a lot of negativity tonight. !!!

All will be revealed and it will be a brilliant appointment.   UTO 

Kevs on wind up again 

Unclutching the paper straws that go soggy I was told earlier that we had a special manager lined up but he only wants to join if our embargo is lifted, hence why we have Rowett as a back up. Looks like we are going with the back up 

8 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Unclutching the paper straws that go soggy I was told earlier that we had a special manager lined up but he only wants to join if our embargo is lifted, hence why we have Rowett as a back up. Looks like we are going with the back up 

Whos the special one then?

7 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

That’s not entirely true is it  !!!!  UTO