BREAKING NEWS : STEVE BRUCE RESIGNS

18 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

As i said not in denial, don't really care either way.  I support Sheffield Wednesday who will be here long after Bruce has left be that now, in 6 months or 6 years, managers will come and go, players will come and go.  Most of those crying would be the first screaming for him to be sacked if we lose the 1st 5 games of the season.  They also wouldn't be able to hand their notice in quick enough at work if a bigger company offered to double their wages overnight.  Bruce is not a Wednesdayite, it is just a job to him, people on here base it all on their emotion as fans, imagine you worked for Reading & Wednesday came along and offered you the same job for more money your car would be out the car park before the printer had finished printing your resignation letter.

This argument of 'going for a better paid job' doesn't fly with me, at all in this instance. 

Bruce has completely and utterly discarded us aside - he's been tapping up Newcastle for weeks, not days and his final interview on Saturday put the knife in and twisted it with the fans, chairman and club to force a move. None of it has been done in a dignified way. 

Compare that to Lampard who went to Derby - absolutely no comparison. 

It's an absolute sh*tshow from Bruce and his cronies and Ashley who have made it into a farce - f*ck the lot of them. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

This argument of 'going for a better paid job' doesn't fly with me, at all in this instance. 

Bruce has completely and utterly discarded us aside - he's been tapping up Newcastle for weeks, not days and his final interview on Saturday put the knife in and twisted it with the fans, chairman and club to force a move. None of it has been done in a dignified way. 

It's an absolute sh*tshow from Bruce and his cronies and Ashley who have made it into a farce - f*ck the lot of them. 

100% agree

23 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

As i said not in denial, don't really care either way.  I support Sheffield Wednesday who will be here long after Bruce has left be that now, in 6 months or 6 years, managers will come and go, players will come and go.  Most of those crying would be the first screaming for him to be sacked if we lose the 1st 5 games of the season.  They also wouldn't be able to hand their notice in quick enough at work if a bigger company offered to double their wages overnight.  Bruce is not a Wednesdayite, it is just a job to him, people on here base it all on their emotion as fans, imagine you worked for Reading & Wednesday came along and offered you the same job for more money your car would be out the car park before the printer had finished printing your resignation letter.

Reports are he has moved for less money not more.

Had I made a big deal out of having an emotional attachment to the club and owner due to the way I was afforded compassionate time off when taking the job just a few months ago I would at least do my current employer the courtesy of not walking out on them to force a move just 2 days after stating it was in then hands of the two clubs to discuss compensation. 

4 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

100%

It's the way it's happened.

You wouldn't begrudge him if the whole thing had been done properly.

If we get Hughton and 4 million then that is a result but it does leave a bitter taste.

9 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

Agnew and Clemence follow like lemmings over the cliff.

Every bit as bad as Bruce.

They probably don't have much option. Any new manager might want his own guys appointed and they would become unemployed. On the other hand SB is nearing the end of his career and will probably retire when he gets fired at Newcastle, then they won't have anyone to follow around.

Steve Bruce has turned out to be nothing more than a two faced con artist

I pity the Newcastle fans  who will have to endure his tenancy alongside their inglorious chairman

Time to put him behind us and prove we are above his like

Onwards and upwards now fellow Wednesday fans

I think Bruce and Ashley are well suited, even to his last 'it's up to the club's now' before he puts his notice in shows his true colours. Stuff them both.

Hope DC continues on his current good run of form! Onwards and forwards.

22 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Think of it this way mate... he's ended up with 2 great club's fans despising him.. for half the money... managing a team that don't care...

It's called shooting yourself up the arse... but not once...pump action shotgun and still living but never being able to sit down again.... for what?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Think of it this way mate... he's ended up with 2 great club's fans despising him.. for half the money... managing a team that don't care...

It's called shooting yourself up the arse... but not once...pump action shotgun and still living but never being able to sit down again.... for what?

His potato headed dream.