If Bruce stays...

1 hour ago, Mr Farrell said:

This.

A bit like Carlos the con man, I wouldn't trust Bruce as far as I could throw him.

Very capable Manager, but will shaft you the moment something better comes along.

What were that you were saying earlier about getting over stuff Jeez he were 2 managers ago 3 if you count Bullys 4 games 

5 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

What were that you were saying earlier about getting over stuff Jeez he were 2 managers ago 3 if you count Bullys 4 games 

I'm still trying to get over big Jack leaving.

• Haha 2

Yes he's still Sheffield Wednesday manager until Ashley pays the demand. And as such all forward planning should remain. Ashley could lump up the money as he's sold a player for £30 million and he plans to not pay Bruce much. If it can't be agreed and he walks I'd Lodge an official complaint to the governing bodies over illegal tap up of somebody employed elsewhere. It's not an impossible scenario. Really think clubs should be deducted points for this kind of thing. Soon as he walks the new man should be in as the door is still revolving. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Yes he's still Sheffield Wednesday manager until Ashley pays the demand. And as such all forward planning should remain. Ashley could lump up the money as he's sold a player for £30 million and he plans to not pay Bruce much. If it can't be agreed and he walks I'd Lodge an official complaint to the governing bodies over illegal tap up of somebody employed elsewhere. It's not an impossible scenario. Really think clubs should be deducted points for this kind of thing. Soon as he walks the new man should be in as the door is still revolving. 

and there is the problem

IMO the only way Bruce is going to get his move to Newcastle is if he resigns and then it might not be clear cut. He's found himself in this position before when he resigned from Palace to force a move to Birmingham and I doubt he would want to find himself in that position again. The longer this drags on the more likely he remains our manager which wouldn't be the worst scenario in the world. We get off to a good start all this will soon be forgotten?

I think it depends exactly what is in his contract.  If a specific amount is written in there as a release clause then Bruce quitting won't help him as if he then went to Newcastle they would have to pay that as compensation, and Mike Ashley wouldn't risk appointing him.  If he was going to pay it he might as well pay whilst Bruce is still our manager.

Whereas if it isn't written in his contract the tribunal would rule that they have to pay the remainder of his contract, which will be much less than the £5 million Chansiri is asking for.

I can easily see the situation where Bruce is still our manager as Newcastle won't pay for managers.  He won't quit as he knows that Newcastle won't pay the compensation (if it is in his contract), and we can't sack him as then we'd have to pay out the remainder of his contract.

2 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Steve Bruce was a good Manager before this blew up, he'll still be a good Manager when its reached it's conclusion 

I hope we get to keep him but fear for the backlash 

I counter that by saying this...the definition of a good manager is that they plan..manage..and execute.

Planning takes commitment.

Management and execution means that you need to intend to be on the premises to take advantage of the planning.

Judging by his comments and demeanour in the interview yesterday, I think in his own mind he expects to be at Newcastle very soon.

Whether that comes about by a package being agreed with them, or he 'forces' it through with a resignation remains to be seen.

8 minutes ago, supersiggi said:

Judging by his comments and demeanour in the interview yesterday, I think in his own mind he expects to be at Newcastle very soon.

Whether that comes about by a package being agreed with them, or he 'forces' it through with a resignation remains to be seen.

Indeed.

Either way he is gone.

5 hours ago, Hitcat said:

Totally disagree

In what way? 

From my perspective, We have no money for transfers, are currently under an embargo, have poor training facilities, and are in the North with mediocre transport links such as no airport.

Edited by Womble Owl

Just now, Womble Owl said:

In what way? 

From my perspective, We have no money for transfers, are currently under an embargo, have poor training facilities, and are in the North with mediocre transport links such as an airport.

Big club, big support, great squad.. the embargo is all but gone, and their will be money for transfers. 

Unfortunately I don't think we are a big club anymore. We do have a decent sized supporter base, but so do most of the top ten championship clubs. 

I'd also add to list our ground. A lot on here won't like to hear it, but it's old and run down, and so are the facilities. 

2 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Unfortunately I don't think we are a big club anymore. We do have a decent sized supporter base, but so do most of the top ten championship clubs. 

I'd also add to list our ground. A lot on here won't like to hear it, but it's old and run down, and so are the facilities. 

Jesus. Fill your glass up bruv.

6 hours ago, Quist said:

You do not live in real world. He is involved in football people move around all the time.

Thankfully football isn’t the real world...however, DC showed compassion and humility in Bruce’s situation so therefore it’s understandable why people are miffed...so maybe it’s you that not in the real world?....

Edited by fatzooma

11 minutes ago, Womble Owl said:

Absolute rubbish, there’s no bigger fan base than us in the championship, and our ground is the Wembley of the north !!!

So F**K OFF.    UTO 

• Haha 1