If Bruce stays...

Given Newcastle want to pay Bruce LESS than he is on now (allegedly), DC wants his £4.5M compo up front (allegedly), and the entirety of Newcastle don’t want him - there may be a slim chance it won’t happen.

So if he stays, how will you react? Reminds me of the Forestieri debacle of a few years back. It took a long time for him to earn support again but he did it by first apologising and then doing stuff for the club. Like at that kids birthday party yesterday. Bruce ain’t gonna do that. 

The ONLY thing Bruce can do now to earn respect back is deliver a successful season. He won’t apologise for his complete lack of respect for SWFC and a poor start to the season will be make it toxic very quickly... in fact a poor run at any time of the season will make it toxic.

I’m open minded - he can still be a great manager for us, but we have now all seen him for who he is. No chances Bruce, if you stay you MUST deliver. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He can't stay.

He has made his own position untenable.

Only with the " he's disrespected us " crew

But should it go belly up lets get rid of one of the most successful Championship Managers just because our poor ickle snowflake feelings are hurt 

Maybe we could scour europe for another Jos then you can spend his entire tenure making oh so pithy posts about how crap he is 

Bruce is a professional Football Manager who likes the look of another job if it falls through i'm certain he'll be professional 

• Haha 2

Football is fickle, if he stays and we are in the top 3 by end of September then all will be forgiven by most fans. 

Whatever happens football moves on very quickly, if he goes and the next appointment is strong then he will be forgotten very quickly. 

I actually think your scenario of a bad start won't happen, we've got a decent squad and a favourable start. I think there are many unproven and potentially weak managers this season and I reckon if we get the next two weeks right and sort this mess out we've got a chance of an excellent season.

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

hope we get to keep him but fear for the backlash 

I want him out.

He is done here. Shame, but there is no going back for me.

8 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Steve Bruce was a good Manager before this blew up, he'll still be a good Manager when its reached it's conclusion 

I hope we get to keep him but fear for the backlash 

I have no doubt what so ever that he can still be a good manager and the man to lead us back to the big time but if he is to stay here and I think there is a decent chance he will then he needs to start distancing himself from that fookwit Mike Ashley and Newcastle in general and start making the right noises here.

• Like 1

Just now, Lawrie Madden said:

Only with the " he's disrespected us " crew

But should it go belly up lets get rid of one of the most successful Championship Managers just because our poor ickle snowflake feelings are hurt 

Maybe we could scour europe for another Jos then you can spend his entire tenure making oh so pithy posts about how crap he is 

Bruce is a professional Football Manager who likes the look of another job if it falls through i'm certain he'll be professional 

He's going.

He's asked to go. He doesn't want to stay.

Get over it. Time to move on.

And yes, Jos was awful and a disaster. Get over that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think his position is pretty much untenable now. 

He's nailed his colours to the mast with that post-match interview yesterday. Imagine a lot of those who chanted his name yesterday are feeling pretty peed off right now. 

We all know he wants out and it is only haggling between the two respective owners which is preventing him from moving on. 

By doing what hes done, he's not only alienated a sizeable portion of the fanbase, but you've got to think undermined his authority within the dressing room. 

If things go slightly awry, then it'd be awfully easy to turn around and say: "Well, you don't even want to be here." 

Best thing for all concerned now is he moves on. 

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Silly post.

I suspect he ends up resigning. There was something in the Mirror saying that is what Ashley hopes Bruce will do, as he is unwilling to meet our compensation demands. 

Not sure if that means he can just walk into the Newcastle job, though. 

2 minutes ago, Lawrie Madden said:

Ideally yes and yes 

I don't think there are too many candidates that are much better than Bruce for us in the situation we are in but said i agree

With a pile of compo cash, who knows who Big Chans might go after.

5 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Think his position is pretty much untenable now. 

He's nailed his colours to the mast with that post-match interview yesterday. Imagine a lot of those who chanted his name yesterday are feeling pretty peed off right now. 

We all know he wants out and it is only haggling between the two respective owners which is preventing him from moving on. 

By doing what hes done, he's not only alienated a sizeable portion of the fanbase, but you've got to think undermined his authority within the dressing room. 

If things go slightly awry, then it'd be awfully easy to turn around and say: "Well, you don't even want to be here." 

Best thing for all concerned now is he moves on. 

We all knew that as soon as he sought permission to talk to them 

What has Bruce done since thats been anything other than totally professional he's got on with being SWFC manager and nothing else from what i can see

Edited by Lawrie Madden