If Bruce stays...

19 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

They do.

But most managers wouldn't walk out 3 weeks before a new season having signed new players and releasing ones that the new manager might have kept.

He is a carpet bagger with absolutely no regard to others. He seems a lovely bloke, says " terrific about everything and everyone but he has a streak in him that has reared its ugly head again.

Now....where are my cabbages...

Fully accept it is the worst possible time and why we should try and hang on to him. He is certainly not moving for money as many on here indicated and I suspect yesterday will have made decision more difficult.

18 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

They do.

But most managers wouldn't walk out 3 weeks before a new season having signed new players and releasing ones that the new manager might have kept.

He is a carpet bagger with absolutely no regard to others. He seems a lovely bloke, says " terrific about everything and everyone but he has a streak in him that has reared its ugly head again.

Now....where are my cabbages...

I've always seen him as" a good bloke", says the right things, bla, bla, bla, but he's certainly likely to leave us at a tricky time, and does have previous form. More faces than Fu Manchu. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He is gone and part of our history.

Stop clinging on. It's embarrassing.

F*cking hell

I get your sentiment and what you're getting at, but his name is still in ink on the contract titled "Sheffield Wednesday Manager" (for now). By definition, he is not yet part of our history.

I think it’s best for all concerned that he leaves, the fans don’t want him here anymore and he clearly doesn’t want to be here.

If he stays however we have to get behind him and the team, it would be to the detriment of Sheffield Wednesday if we didn’t but after his interview yesterday things won’t be the same and if we don’t get off to a decent start this season it could turn very ugly.

The sooner we see the back of him the better.

Just now, StudentOwl said:

F*cking hell

I get your sentiment and what you're getting at, but his name is still in ink on the contract titled "Sheffield Wednesday Manager" (for now). By definition, he is not yet part of our history.

Gone.

Left the building.

About to sign a contract at Newcastle.

It's a bit like people who beg their gf not to leave them. Never looks good.

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Gone.

Left the building.

About to sign a contract at Newcastle.

It's a bit like people who beg their gf not to leave them. Never looks good.

Can't I just be hoping she doesn't go while privately mentally preparing myself for that eventuality?

Football is business, not a relationship... I'm not going to start burning my bridges with a business partner while we're both still standing on said bridge deciding what way we're both going to walk.  I fully anticipate that by Friday Bruce and Wednesday will be at opposite ends of the bridge, at which point by all means strike the match, I've even poured some petrol on it already in anticipation for it, but let's not set it alight while we're on the thing. 

• Like 1

Well if Brucellosis is a man devoid of any loyalty, and where he's concerned self-interest is his only motivation, then he obviously must feel that Newcastle have a better chance of staying in the PL than we have of getting there.

Bearing in mind that with Bruce in charge and Ashley at the helm the Magpies look odds-on to get relegated, it doesn't say much for our chances of promotion.

Bobbar.

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling

IMO, he has shown complete disregard and lack of respect, to our club, DC, players and fans.................i hope he does go, and we get funds to help build for the future......if he stays for me, it will leave a bitter taste, so to speak.

43 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Agreed. 

I was disappointed when the story broke a few days ago. 

Now I just want it resolved ASAP. Longer it drags on, the more it threatens to derail our season before it even gets started. 

We don't need this hanging over the club for weeks and weeks.  

The only way it won’t derail the start to our season is if Bruce stays so I’m all for that aren’t you ? 

The way he and the clubs have handled the situation has made the outcome inevitable 

Newcastle have actually played a blinder, they’ve not officially said anything, it’s all through sky sports.

They’ve applied pressure on Bruce, so it’s almost impossible for him not to walk eventually. 

For a club that is famous for its slow starts I can't see any of this helping us. Whether it's Bruce in charge, or someone else, we all know that its about results. I know its unlikely but if Bruce was to stay and we were doing well I wouldn't be that fussed really about his Newcastle talks. If he stays and we do badly then the heat will be intense for him. If he leaves then we move on with a new manager, but that would bring its challenges in terms of halting our pre season progress. 

12 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Can't I just be hoping she doesn't go while privately mentally preparing myself for that eventuality?

Football is business, not a relationship... I'm not going to start burning my bridges with a business partner while we're both still standing on said bridge deciding what way we're both going to walk.  I fully anticipate that by Friday Bruce and Wednesday will be at opposite ends of the bridge, at which point by all means strike the match, I've even poured some petrol on it already in anticipation for it, but let's not set it alight while we're on the thing. 

He's gone.

DC needs to get into town and pull a slapper.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

The only way it won’t derail the start to our season is if Bruce stays so I’m all for that aren’t you ? 

I have major doubts about whether Steve Bruce can now do the job as SWFC manager. 

He wants out. I'm not convinced he (if he was to stay) can manage us successfully after that. 

Of course, if he does stay (pretty unlikely imo), then I would back him, as he would be the SWFC manager. Needless to say, the good will and equity built with portions of the fanbase has gone down the proverbial sh*tter in the last 24 hours. 

But, as I've said on a number of occasions since this all kicked off, I think it is for the best if he moves on. 

27 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

Cutting your nose off to spite your face is embarrassing because you interpret his comments as being disrespectful. As I type this, he is still the best option with 3 weeks until the start of the season.

Gone.

New Manager of Newcastle United.

I wish him well in his new job.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Probably his plan to force through the move

I saw his body language at Lincoln, clearly didn't want to be there. ive totally lost respect for him ,surely his son will have told him the hatred and despise awaiting him at Newcastle ,he is walking into a dark tunnel regards his football career which will end his time in management by xmas , the atmosphere at Newcastle is going to be unmatched anywhere in premier league history , it will give new meaning to toxic . 1 million basic fee? to put up with that? surely not . 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I saw his body language at Lincoln, clearly didn't want to be there. ive totally lost respect for him ,surely his son will have told him the hatred and despise awaiting him at Newcastle ,he is walking into a dark tunnel regards his football career which will end his time in management by xmas , the atmosphere at Newcastle is going to be unmatched anywhere in premier league history , it will give new meaning to toxic . 1 million basic fee? to put up with that? surely not . 

This.

One of the worst decisions he's ever made. But it's made. No going back or return for him here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sw1867 said:

You may be right but he isn’t yet.

No crying over lost girlfriends or a lack of respect. Based purely on a football decision, do you concede that Bruce staying could be our best option.

Many are saying get the compo and get hughton in. None of us have any idea if this is an option, if not then what?

Bruce staying is NOT an option, nevermind our best one.

His position is untenable.

Which part of that are you struggling with ?