Would you have him back?

Yes, he has spoken to another club that is not hanging offence. What he has done is damaged good will and where he had everybody on side and no real grumbles if we have a sticky result or two there will be some  on his back immediately. If we got off to good start vast majority will be behind him. Only those who live in unreal world will be solidly against him. Very few individuals would not want to speak to club you supported as  a boy if they came calling. 

If you tell a manager he can not speak to other clubs you then get rumbling dissatisfaction if he has spoken to them and it does not happen he can not have any gripes. If Ashley will  not pay appropriate compensation for what is potentially ruining our season at worst and creating disruption at most important time of season he does not want him. Bruce is not thick and will realise if they do not want to pay appropriate amount they do not want him very much and just seen as cheap option.

Remember he has two assistants who are much younger than him and would hope to have many more years in game and potential jolt of going to Newcastle for what could be a very short tenure. He has to sell idea to them too.

Guest addedtime
18 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Yes, as long as he's fully committed to the job and gives his side of the story. If he was tempted by the prospect of managing his boyhood club at a higher level, I don't think anyone would really blame him for being interested.

Who else are we going to get with a better track record? Bruce knows how to get promoted from this league, he's started to lay the foundations already and I hope he finishes the project.

That's the only mitigating factor in it for me. Boyhood club.

But then, like someone else said, what if his boyhood club was Hartlepool...or Leyton Orient......or Yeovil???

Yes. I understand the pull of a Premier League job managing his boyhood club. Is there any Owls fan on here that wouldn't be interested in managing Wednesday in the PL if your current job was at say Notts Forest? Chansiri is right to stick to his guns in terms of compo. If Ashley won't pay & Bruce stays, let's get behind the guy & the team.

I don’t have any qualms about someone wanting to improve on their career, just because it’s in football people expect it to be different but it’s just a job at the end of the day, if he stays; then great, if not; oh well, these things are pretty commonplace in football 

54 minutes ago, addedtime said:

That's the only mitigating factor in it for me. Boyhood club.

But then, like someone else said, what if his boyhood club was Hartlepool...or Leyton Orient......or Yeovil???

If it was a small club he would have already managed hem. Newcastle not a prize destination think he was 7th or 8th choice. Fans not keen on him and wages not much higher than he is on here. on £2 million at Wednesday and its reported Ashley was expecting to save over 50% of Benitez's £6 million a year salary. Therefore clearly fan factor is attracting him to club.