Would you have him back?

1 minute ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Unrealistic in terms of a compensation package. Similar to his asking prices for players. Sometimes you just have to shake yourself off and go again. Chansiri has to see the bigger picture which is the club and the forthcoming season and not to let this drag on to a more detrimental effect.

Bruce signed a contract it's not an asking price? Chansiri is not dragging this on, newcastle are

18 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Bruce signed a contract it's not an asking price? Chansiri is not dragging this on, newcastle are

So did Forestieri. Compensation isn't a set price, it's an agreed one. Bruce has done things correctly by asking first, even if it cheeses the fans off.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

So did Forestieri. Compensation isn't a set price, it's an agreed one. Bruce has done things correctly by asking first, even if it cheeses the fans off.

I don't get the FF similarity, DC gave him what he wanted, he wasn't obliged to do so. He could have also sold him, he chose not to

The two recent managers we sacked, both will have been paid in accordance with their contracts, it works both ways.

If compensation isn't a set price, merely agreed, how would that work in law, what happens if agreement can't be reached. Would a court decide a fair price, if so, I would think far more than the alleged £1M newcastle offer. Didn't Chelsea just pay Derby £4 or £5m compo. Because it was written in his contract, according to the Telegraph

"But Derby are determined to play hardball in any potential negotiations and are protected by a hefty compensation figure, which increases in cost if a club competing in the Champions League makes an approach. "    Why wouldn't we do similar, especially with a far more experienced manager.

You say Bruce has done things correctly and maybe he has, he has no choice but ask, unless you are suggesting he could have just walked. He still might yet, if he does he won't be newcastles or anybody else's manager for 6-months and -£1M

I'm not cheesed off btw.

10 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I don't get the FF similarity, DC gave him what he wanted, he wasn't obliged to do so. He could have also sold him, he chose not to

The two recent managers we sacked, both will have been paid in accordance with their contracts, it works both ways.

If compensation isn't a set price, merely agreed, how would that work in law, what happens if agreement can't be reached. Would a court decide a fair price, if so, I would think far more than the alleged £1M newcastle offer. Didn't Chelsea just pay Derby £4 or £5m compo. Because it was written in his contract, according to the Telegraph

"But Derby are determined to play hardball in any potential negotiations and are protected by a hefty compensation figure, which increases in cost if a club competing in the Champions League makes an approach. "    Why wouldn't we do similar, especially with a far more experienced manager.

You say Bruce has done things correctly and maybe he has, he has no choice but ask, unless you are suggesting he could have just walked. He still might yet, if he does he won't be newcastles or anybody else's manager for 6-months and -£1M

I'm not cheesed off btw.

Well if compensation is a set price then why are we so far apart?

Those saying you can’t blame him. Well of course you can’t, but you can still be annoyed.

Bit like it your Mrs decided to have a ride on Brad Pitt. Can’t blame her, but she’s gonna have to drop to her knees and sort you out a few hundred times before you forgive her.

Pucker up Brucey.

CAD1EA88-ECA3-4B1F-800B-AA50EE27B8DE.jpeg

• Haha 2

If he stays then the problem will be next February when his rolling contract needs re-signing. We could be in a decent position in the league and he just walks. As of right now there are a couple of decent managers out of work - whether they'd come here or not is adifferent matter. I don't think Chansiri should go too high with his demands or we could be stuck with another interim manager come February.

I’d keep him. 

There’s no issue in listening to what another employer has got to say then saying “no thanks”. I bet many in this forum have done it.

This whole episode will have been disruptive to everyone at the club but sacking him due to talks will be 10 x more disruptive.

1 hour ago, Junk Smuggler said:

If he stays then the problem will be next February when his rolling contract needs re-signing. We could be in a decent position in the league and he just walks. As of right now there are a couple of decent managers out of work - whether they'd come here or not is adifferent matter. I don't think Chansiri should go too high with his demands or we could be stuck with another interim manager come February.

Or...a sunnier view of the same thinking sees us with 7 months to lure the perfect replacement?

19 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Or...a sunnier view of the same thinking sees us with 7 months to lure the perfect replacement?

Its a bit of a strange time in Feb to look for a new manager though, do you think? Or for them to be available.

Edited by Junk Smuggler

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Even if Bruce stays I wouldn't start looking in February.. I'd be looking now.

I wouldn't be surprised if we aren't talking to the representatives of the likes of a Hughton right now in truth because if Ashley meets the compensation fee we need to move fast.