Would you have him back?

Yes. If we get off to a good start most fans won’t care. Things will get ugly though if we don’t start well or go on a bad run.

It continues to amaze me that fans of football clubs apparently believe that professionals in the game feel the same emotional attachment to their clubs as they do.

1 hour ago, Glenn59 said:

I find the hometown club thing too convenient, he has previous for doing this before

If we only accept managers who have never even considered upping sticks to move to a bigger club for more money then you're looking at a future Labour pool of about 5 people. 

And that's all we're speculating about at the moment, whether he's considered the change to a premier league club which will pay him more and is also his hometown club who he's supported since he was a kid. He'd be stupid not to consider it. 

Yes I would. At the end of the day we are a little bit of a shambles behind the scenes the past few weeks (accounts and embargo) and therefore he had every right to ask to speak to Newcastle. If it happens (and he ends up taking the likes of Agnew, Clemence and even Strudwick with him) then it needs to happen quick and we can't have it drag on. Hopefully DC has already spoken to representative of potential replacements in order to act quickly. Pre-season to date has mainly been about fitness so not too much damage done in that regard. People like Borner, Odubajo and Harris might feel a bit aggrieved as they,any not be as strongly in a new managers plans as they were under Bruce.

All pony talk this, Were a fan base that wanted to hang the owner and club out to dry in support of Fernando Forestieri when he refused to play football for our club 

If Bruce stays its situation no change 

Bruce wants the job and has stated it so that's that as far as I'm concerned.

OK, he could stay on but things wouldn't be the same.

FF's a player, not a manager, so I don't think it's the same situation.

Here's us hoping that Bielsa would be off, and it's our own manager who's jumping ship.

Bobbar.

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Bruce wants the job and has stated it so that's that as far as I'm concerned.

OK, he could stay on but things wouldn't be the same.

FF's a player, not a manager, so I don't think it's the same situation.

Here's us hoping that Bielsa would be off, and it's our own manager who's jumping ship.

Bobbar.

How is not the same ?  Bruce is basically saying he doesn’t want to work for SWFC, Forestieri did the same 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

How is not the same ?  Bruce is basically saying he doesn’t want to work for SWFC, Forestieri did the same 

Bruce is the manager.

If he stays this business is bound to impact upon the whole squad.

FF is just one player.

Now I don't say that his refusal to play had no impact on the rest of the squad, as it clearly did, but if the boss wants out then it's all over.

I don't blame Bruce for wanting to manage Newcastle, because he's a fan.

We're just incredibly unlucky...again.

Contrast that with Pep Wilder, whose talents were invisible outside of Sheffield.

He's not come out and disrespected the club or made a *** of himself, if it falls through it doesn't change how I feel about him one way or the other because he was never my choice to begin with. There's better out there, if we're not going to be challenging for promotion for years the football might as well be entertaining.

Edited by TrueOwl

18 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

He isn’t saying he doesn’t want to work for SWFC though is he? He may be saying he would put his boyhood club who are in the Premiership ahead of us given the choice, but that in no way means he wouldn’t want to work for us?

1 hour ago, rob1601 said:

Lets hope DC doesn’t get to unrealistic and we get no compo. Bruce can still resign

Eh? What's unrealistic about what you are entitled to and shook hands on 6-months ago?

Bruce can resign but it will cost him if he does....don't think he would like that:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Forestieri went about it the wrong way though by refusing to travel. At least Bruce asked DC first and then returned for training today. Totally different approaches by both of them yet the majority still love Forestieri.

32 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Eh? What's unrealistic about what you are entitled to and shook hands on 6-months ago?

Bruce can resign but it will cost him if he does....don't think he would like that:rolleyes:

Unrealistic in terms of a compensation package. Similar to his asking prices for players. Sometimes you just have to shake yourself off and go again. Chansiri has to see the bigger picture which is the club and the forthcoming season and not to let this drag on to a more detrimental effect.