Steve Bruce favourite for Newcastle job

Guest Arnold

Guest wilyfox

Steve Bruce said this may well be his last job in football management. Would he really want to spend that working for Mike Ashley? Can't see it. He'll be aware of what Benitez was up against just trying to keep Newcastle in the prem. Ashley doesn't back his managers, so I don't think Bruce would have an appetite for it. People will say the money on offer plus hometown club...but I'm pretty sure Bruce is already loaded. 

18 minutes ago, wmb said:

So basically a load of gullible idiots have put a tenner on him at 33/1 which has resulted in his odds coming in. Mike Ashley will be strung up by his b@lls by the toon fans if he makes this appointment.

Anyone who thinks that Mike Ashley would be remotely bothered about what anyone thinks about him his totally wrong.

(and I have met him a couple of times and worked for him....and no, not in one of his shops)

18 minutes ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Not worried.......... period.!! 

Yeah but you're deluded apparently...

10 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

..., I just think he'd to be more loyal at this stage of his life - we hung around for him after all...

You'd certainly like to think that would count for a heck of a lot when juxtaposed against working for a thrower like Ashley.

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

and I have met him a couple of times and worked for him....and no, not in one of his shops)

Are you his dietician?

When coming here Bruce said he'd only take a job where he has full control of transfers etc.

Well at Newcastle, the manager doesn't even get to decide what biscuits they have at the training ground.... If he was to go then he'd be full of hot air and only going for the wedge, in the which case, we'd be better off with the compo.

Nothing to see here. It may be his hometown club, but he's declined the chance before. More compelling is that Bruce isn't stupid  he knows anyone going into Newcastle now is on a hiding to nothing. Ashley looking for a fall guy to take the pressure off him. 

The only contact between Bruce and Newcastle will be regarding loan players. 

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

On Sky now. Still don't see why he would leave, no manager will succeed at Newcastle currently.

Nothing to be worried about imo.

BREAKING NEWS

Steve Bruce is one of the names under consideration to take over at Newcastle United.

He’s been backed in to 9/4 favourite with some major bookmakers overnight. Last night he was as big as 33/1. 

Bruce is Newcastle-born, but of course previously managed rivals Sunderland. 

Newcastle fly to China for the Asia Cup on Saturday and they are keen to replace Rafa Benitez before then. 

Bruce has an amazing opportunity with us. He's taking a knackered old dinosaur and he can manipulate it into something from the ground up.

If he gets us promoted, he'll have the same status Benitez has/had in Newcastle. On top of that, once in the top flight DC will give him money to spend there. 

Why would he leave us to become just another stop gap when he's part of the bigger picture here?