George Hirst

7 hours ago, bertie said:

Looks like he has signed for us (Leicester), been poo for Leuven so don’t get the signing.

You would have hoped one Thai Chairman would respect another Thai Chairman and not go deliberately out of their way to play the loophole and swindle the other club out of a fair tribunal fee. 

Karma. 

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

You would have hoped one Thai Chairman would respect another Thai Chairman and not go deliberately out of their way to play the loophole and swindle the other club out of a fair tribunal fee. 

Karma. 

Because everything in East Asian business culture is done in a fair and honourable manner, yes? :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, 2roland2 said:

Well they did, have you missed something here? They just went about it in a way to bend the rules.

i keep saying that clubs should run things the right way, including us. I have made no secret about my views on these things, Infact I get slagged off to high heaven for it, and the peop,e who do are mainly in this thread moaning about us getting ripped off by another club flouncing the rules. 

The thing is , I agree with everyone else about leicester being twats, they were.  It’s wrong what they did, very wrong, but I will say it again....... you can’t go around flouncing rules looking to bend the ways to get around systems to improve your chances as a football club and then cry when other clubs are looking to do the same. 

As for the loyalty everyone expected Hirst snr to make jnr show, I would say Jnrs dad was proved right. When they stated they wanted more money the club tried to hold him to ransom unless he signed, tried to push him to sign by using fear of him not playing therefor risking his future. 

Every sane dad dad in the world would have done exactly the Same thing and told his son to fizz us right off.

it really is simple, we handled it terribly, if we didn’t want to give him the money leicester did, we should have said sorry you g Hirsty we really like you but this is our structure. So if you want more money your goi g to have to move, but we need your he,p on getting a fair fee.

i stead we said no, your not having the mo ey now fizz off home and unless you sign our lower deal don’t bother turning up because we will leave you to rot. 

We then End up with fizz all  money, a player with potential who is getting fizzed over, a club legend who imo rightly so is angry as fizz and fans unhappy about it all. 

It could have and should have have been handled so much better 

Don't necessarily disagree totally with you r2r but being honest, none of us know exactly how the negotiations were conducted. We were however entitled to not sell if we didn't think Leicester's offer was sufficient, it certainly seemed to be lower than we could reasonably expect through tribunal.

At least we agree Leicester are w@nkers. 

I argued at the time that Hirst was entitled to hold out for what he was worth, and the club was entitled not to explode its pay structure for him. I think we can all agree, though, that Leicester can get fizzed.

21 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Legend? Shown no loyalty to a fanbase who worshipped him at his feet. A fanbase who would have adored his son. If George wanted to move on, that is fine. But to screw us out of compo, that’s low for me. 

Fanbase that’s the key word here , George is his family not a “fanbase”.The move probably secured George’s financial future without even kicking a ball at the highest level. The fanbase you talk about wouldn’t have done that. 

Edited by Avon barksdale

19 minutes ago, Avon barksdale said:

Fanbase that’s the key word here , George is his family not a “fanbase”.The move probably secured George’s financial future without even kicking a ball at the highest level. The fanbase you talk about wouldn’t have done that. 

No problem with that at all. The way they’ve gone about it which is wrong. 

P&S rules are a farce, unfair and generate neither profit nor sustainability. Most new owners including DC were never at the table when they were agreed. I think clubs ripping those rules a new one is a good thing if I’m honest.

The compensation payments for young players can’t really be said to be fair as players are still moving for paltry amounts. But to then circumnavigate those rules which are there to make sure that clubs producing young players at least get reimbursed is a different kettle of fish and it’s a despicable act by any club or agent that does it. There was an element of it with Clare to hearts also.

5 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

testicles, everyone is trying to gain any advantage they can over every other club, including us, we are just as bad.

Football is morally bankrupt, and our club is contributing. 

Dont recall us avoiding compensation payments or payments to other clubs in general. What happens to football if clubs stop investing in youth?

Everythng else you’ve said is a separate point.

Edited by Bluesteel

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

Steel, i have no arguments and you are correct, if you follow my posts i have said football needs a complete overhaul and we are only heading one way, i have said it before and i will keep saying it, the game as it is now isn't sustainable.

What you can't do though is bend rules of your choosing and then complain when others bend rules of their choosing. You lose all moral grounds.

Just like Gibson did when he kicked off and everyone rightly slated him for it.

it should be as simple as this.....

Leicester should be fined and stopped from signing Hirst

Take off our wednesday tinted specs and  We and numerous others should be fined and have points deductions for making up poo to get around FFP

The fact is though people are leaning on the rules and bending them to take the wee wee, and whilst ever that is happening football will never be a fair playing field ever. 

As i said previously football and especially owners and rule makers are morally bankrupt, and the fans are partially at fault for accepting their own clubs are doing poo like this just to get a slight advantage.

Thats fair enough and I agree the game needs reform. But, if clubs are getting around the rules as specified for FFP without breaching them then they don’t deserve sanctions, especially when the rules are useless as we’ve seen across the EFL with teams going under. As long as owners convert debt to equity they should be able to spend as they see fit.

Clubs from abroad can sign players from here avoiding compo, within the rules that’s fine. But if that is a bridge transfer to a parent club from the same shores, it’s not within the rules and it’s a more serious matter for the wider game. Just in my view anyway.

Edited by Bluesteel

23 hours ago, BIG D said:

George Hirst said: “Wednesday are my boyhood club and it is a dream to sign on professional terms. I am absolutely delighted to sign and there is nowhere else I would rather be. 

His dad said he wouldn't play for Wednesday, not even for a golden pig.

2 hours ago, Avon barksdale said:

I think Wednesdays offer was £800K over 4 seasons which would have been improved as he went along if he improved.

Not too shabby for a kid who so far had just shown promise