George Hirst

53 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

What Leicester did was dodgy as fizz.

Like something Geoff Sheard would have done.

How is Geoff?

It’s at times like this you’ve got to ask yourself what would Geoff Sheard do (WWGSD). Unfortunately the answer is (and always is) get a rim job from 3 or 4 hangers on and then get taken to court for not paying a TV aerial installation bill.

So not that helpful really.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Or having fake taxi and drinks companies.

Our Apologists have blinkers unfortunately.

I find it funny some people are complaining about a club using a loophole in the rules , when our owner has just done exactly the same and sold the ground to himself to inject revenue.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Don't get me wrong, it paints Leicester as waankers.

We on the other hand are fiddling about with ground ownership, fake taxis and fake drinks companies.

Do we really want to be morally outraged and look like boobies ?

I don’t think it’s just a moral thing though, they have tried to get around something more important to the game than whether we can spend. If other big clubs do this and drain talent there will be no Academies. Someone could be made an example of to prevent this. 

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Don't get me wrong, it paints Leicester as waankers.

We on the other hand are fiddling about with ground ownership, fake taxis and fake drinks companies.

Do we really want to be morally outraged and look like boobies ?

Difference is, vast majority of clubs are trying to get round FFP, for good reasons, whereas only Leicester have done this. 

7 minutes ago, vulva said:

Difference is, vast majority of clubs are trying to get round FFP, for good reasons, whereas only Leicester have done this. 

Looks like they have played within the rules to me. Unless proven otherwise. Morally wrong or not. Like us.

Instead of moaning about the loop hole we should just be doing a similar thing ourselves assuming that Chansiri is still saying he’d chuck millions at us if he was allowed.

Buy Bangkok United or the likes for a few dollar and then get them to buy Fox and Nuhiu for £80 million a piece

FFP sorted and half of Owlstalk can gloat about one of them in particular being one of the highest value players ever

Whats not to like 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, Ian said:

Instead of moaning about the loop hole we should just be doing a similar thing ourselves assuming that Chansiri is still saying he’d chuck millions at us if he was allowed.

Buy Bangkok United or the likes for a few dollar and then get them to buy Fox and Nuhiu for £80 million a piece

FFP sorted and half of Owlstalk can gloat about one of them in particular being one of the highest value players ever

Whats not to like 

I like that

Ah that old chestnut is doing the rounds is see - We’re not allowed to be annoyed by Hirst’s actions, because...wait for it...we’ve used some loop holes to get around a poorly implemented and pretty unfair P&S system. Still paying our bills, still paying our players and staff, still paying our taxes. 

Hirst's camp weren’t interested in P&S rules when they demanded daft wages for an unproven kid.  Same as any player. Could argue that clubs get into trouble because of agents and players making demands. Let’s be honest, players hold all the cards these days. Of all the criticisms I’ve got of Chansiri, the Hirst saga isn’t one. A

However you look at it; We paid for his development over a long period of time. Paid for his hotels, his travel, his medical bills. Maybe he doesn’t owe the club anything, but as the club that developed him we deserved to get some payment - might not have been much, but leaves a bad taste given the fact we desperately need some revenue for the flippin P&S gonads.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Minton said:

We offered a deal (on first team money, not an u23 contract) Hirst turned it down (which he is entitled to do, particularly if he thinks he's going to get 4 times the amount in a year's time). I'm not sure what else we could have done on that front?

How do you know the financial details of his contract , is this common knowledge or guesswork ? 

24 minutes ago, vulva said:

Get your point, but if you bend the rules, you don't get to choose which rules are bendable for yourself, and others.

21 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Looks like they have played within the rules to me. Unless proven otherwise. Morally wrong or not. Like us.

Their "playing within the rules" directly hurts the finances of another club. 

Edited by rickygoo

Serve Leicester right if Manu U and City did the same trick to poach all the good prospects from their development teams. I don't agree it should be permited but payback can be a *****.

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

Whats not to like 

Exactly. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Their "playing within the rules" directly hurts the finances of another club. 

Yeah, but it helps him 'put one over' the chairman.  So I doubt he'll be bothered

5 minutes ago, prowl said:

Serve Leicester right if Manu U and City did the same trick to poach all the good prospects from their development teams. I don't agree it should be permited but payback can be a *****.

To be fair to Leicester they know what they are doing.

Prime example being the money they will receive for Maguire.