George Hirst

Guest wilyfox

Are you lot gonna do this every time his name crops up in the future? ..first senior game for Leicester - if good enough. First premier league goal - he wishes...and god forbid first senior England cap. This site would go into meltdown.

The Hirsts are greedy sods, probably fuelled by the move Hirst Snr wasn't allowed to make & subsequent opportunities missed out on at Man Utd as a result.

Let it go. 

I think this opens a more interesting question about whether clubs are protected enough in developing youngsters. Fulham and West Brom are having similar problems with their youngsters rejecting contracts at 16 because their heads are being turned by lucrative offers. For me Leicester have circumvented the rules and the Hirst's have helped them to deprive the club of funds which could be used to continue to support development of others. It may reach a point where clubs become frustrated and academies will be the one suffer from reduced funding/support.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Hard to complain too much about exploitation of poor rules and loopholes given our supposed situation with the ground and FFP. 

We shouldn't have let it get to this point. We needed to be more savvy and cashed in when it was apparent where this was going a couple of years ago. Think we showed some inexperience in the market with how we handled the situation, and hopefully we learn from it. 

Yeah but in fairness looking for a loophole around a flawed system is a bit different to a fellow club ripping off another club, or a so called Wednesdayite ripping off his own. 

Edited by AwokenGiant

4 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Word of advice - you don't need to be registered to look at comments on Twatter. 

Word of warning - don't leave your phone unlocked on ukmilfs with the wife about. Doesn't go down well.

Equally I would advise not to leave your phone unlocked when you go for a slash in a boozer, otherwise you might might find yourself with a new username :duntmatter:

I don't give a fizz about gh anymore, but this scenario make's me wonder if some clubs may revise how much they invest in their youth system.

• Haha 1

Just now, 1963owl said:

lets be honest,the rules allow the premiership clubs to bend us over whenever they want

Hence the reason why Chansiri is bending the rules! This doesn’t compare to a fellow club ripping off another, or a fan ripping off his club. 

This whole saga just shows what a shark infested scum hole professional football is. And why some fans supposedly getting all high and mighty about DC selling the ground to himself is utter bolloxx. If anyone really has a problem  with us looking for loopholes then be honest with yourself and go and watch non professional football. 

Guest Bulgaria
4 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

This whole saga just shows what a shark infested scum hole professional football is. And why some fans supposedly getting all high and mighty about DC selling the ground to himself is utter bolloxx. If anyone really has a problem  with us looking for loopholes then be honest with yourself and go and watch non professional football. 

I agree with the first point, however I am uneasy with us looking for loopholes. It just doesn't sit right with me, bit then again I ain't that bothered about us getting to the premiership.

6 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

Or having fake taxi and drinks companies.

Our Apologists have blinkers unfortunately.

It's a fair point but we're not screwing other clubs out of any money unlike Leicester 

6 hours ago, One De Bilde said:

Word of advice - you don't need to be registered to look at comments on Twatter. 

Word of warning - don't leave your phone unlocked on ukmilfs with the wife about. Doesn't go down well.

Don't think I'll bother with Twitter but cheers for the heads up on ukmilfs.

2 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hold on. You spend time learning a trade, you learn all the skills and you are amongst the best at what you do for your age.

someone offers you a new co tract that is t as much as someone else and you think he’s greedy for wanting to go, or at least ask for more so he can stay?  What world do you live in?

and then you think it’s right for the said boss to not let him carry on learning his trade and try to sabotage his career because he’s unhappy he wont take his smaller amount because doesn’t want to pay him as much.

Yeah right........

Best at what you do at your age doesn't score 3 goals in 23 games in the Belgian park division.

We as club had already bent over backwards to offer him the most any youth player had ever got. Had he stayed, it would have inevitably led to our other brighter prospects wanting similar pay rises, smashing our wage structure.

He was also banished because we had agreed a loan for him, which would go through on the acceptance of his new deal. 

Football is completely different to any other trade and you and everyone else knows it. If you're a skilled workman on say £17.50 an hour st one firm and another offers you a £4 pay rise then joure gonna move, that's not being greedy that's smart and its life.

Being a footballer, especially if yiure going to be a fairly good one like Hirst thinks he will be, there's plenty of time for him to earn poo loads of cash. It's not like we was paying him £35 a week and bus money either was it.

For me, he needed to have earned the right to have been offered first team equivalent money before he demanded he was paid it. In the end though he got what he wants, money, which is unfortunately how every young lad looks at football these days. It's not a hobby that those privileged boys get to play anymore. Which is a massive shame. 

Sad truth of modern game is that young lads play it to earn money now and not just for the love of the sport, which is as we can all agree fuccking poo . Most of us would kill to play football for a living. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

So hold on. You spend time learning a trade, you learn all the skills and you are amongst the best at what you do for your age.

someone offers you a new co tract that is t as much as someone else and you think he’s greedy for wanting to go, or at least ask for more so he can stay?  What world do you live in?

and then you think it’s right for the said boss to not let him carry on learning his trade and try to sabotage his career because he’s unhappy he wont take his smaller amount because doesn’t want to pay him as much.

Yeah right........

So if someone else offered him a contract better than we'd offered, why didn't that club sign him?

Would be interesting to learn how much Leicester are now paying him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Let me just simplify it for you birley to make it relevant to real life 

I do t know what job you do, but let’s say another company or boss offers you 4 or 5 times your salary because they think you are poo hot at what you do, they rate you and see you as top class. 

You still feel some love love for your current job and boss who trained you up so you go and say look gaffer, I have been offered this but if you can give me x amount I will stay.

your current boss then says look mate, I will offer you half of your salary on top of what you get but I’m not paying you what they will be cause I don’t rate you enough to pay you that, so if you do t take my offer I’m goi g to let your skills rot and isolate you from your workmates. 

Im sure the first thing you would do is go ok boss, I owe you one so go on then I will stay , the money and the fact you do t think I’m good enough like company x matters not a fizz. 

Add to this the boss boss who’s telling g you all this was t the one who gave you your start and chance, he’s just someone who took over so you have no bond with him.  

Let me tell you what what you would do birley....... the same as any other person in this world, yo would tell him to get to fizz and get out of dodge as soon as you could. 

Completely different situations though and you know it.

We all mostly live paycheck to paycheck. So moving for more money is not being greedy.

Asking for more money before you deserve to be offered it, is.

If I went to my boss having just finished my first year as an apprentice say, and said I want to be paid same amount as that 8 year veteran of this company, he'd tell me to walk and rightly so.

That is the more close comparison. Even then it's not a good one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2roland2 said:

testicles birley, why is it different, they have a short career that maybe could be as short as 3 years if he doesn’t make it.

your quoting stats after he left us, he was banging in goals at international  level at his age groups, do t try saying he wasn’t highly rated because you know that’s testicles. 

Its no no different from other trades, everybody goes to work to earn mo ey and especially with how football is now clubs have fizz and I mean fizz all loyalty to players so Ofc he’s goi g to follow money, exactly how everybody else with a brain cell would

Well I didn't rate him, and many didn't. The name Hirst blinded many and he wasn't and isn't as good as he thinks.

If players have no loyalty to clubs anymore, then chairman should be able to have money to them as well and be able to treat them as they like - ie dump on the reserves. Thanks for clearing that up.

Football is completely different to anywhere in the wider world, moving for money is still a valid reason but you've gotta earn it. Hirst hadn't.

• Like 1

The Daniel Taylor article says it all, it is blatant the stunt that Leicester have pulled. If I were the FA I would impose a £4 million fine on Leicester (double what they should have paid for him at the time). This would basically send the message that these kind of shenanigans are unacceptable and deter other teams from pulling the same trick. As otherwise the long term effect for English football will be much worse, as clubs outside the Premier League will be discouraged from developing young players. So it would be common sense from an FA and England point of view and safeguard the development of young players.

While we're at it, the whole 'Feeder Club' system is testicles and should also be looked at. Manchester City have a team on pretty much every continent now. Nauseating. 

Finally, it seems to have worked out badly for Hirst himself. He was one of the more promising young strikers in England, he's missed a year of football at a vital time and spent a second year rotting in Belgium with Uncle Nigel, questioning whether he is an ostrich or not. Seems to have lost his eye for goal. Even if he makes it as a Premier League striker, he'll always be questioning how good a player he could have been if he had not stunted his own development so badly. A funny case of history repeating itself, as his father did they same, albeit through his own questionable lifestyle decisions.