George Hirst

On 05/07/2019 at 13:57, southportdc said:

It's only a problem if you let them run their contracts down, to which I suspect the FL's answer will be 'don't let them run their contracts down'.

If they refuse to sign a new contract unless you pay them a Championship wage despite never having played at that level what can you do?

On 05/07/2019 at 14:23, Brommers said:

Why should we just take the £2M? He was still under contract to us although maybe had we known Leiceister would pull such a stunt we may well have done.

We aren't in denial about our challenges with FFP and we're feeling the effects of them (transfer embargos are all the rage at Hillsborough) unlike you lot that got away with it. The key difference being is we have an owner prepared to invest his own personal wealth to help fund our push to the Premier league but is unable to do so given current P&S restrictions. Your club went into admin screwing many businesses and individuals and here you are in the big league paying multiple millions of pounds for players (except GH of course) and all the media love you to bits.

Hope Maguire can't get his move to Manchester, goes on strike and leaves for naff all in January.

Have a good season Foxy.

I think your comment is a bit harsh.

A lot of people got angry about our admin, and I have no issue with that, to be clear I was one of those people, the people running our club at the time should not have committed to spending they were not willing to back up out their own pockets, but that was a long time ago and with different owners.  Just to correct you tho, we didnt go in and out of admin at the blink of an eye as if nothing happened, we only regained ownership of our stadium 2 years ago, until then we were paying nearly 2 million a year in rent, we had practically no money to spend right up until the day mandaric brought the club, and it was a key reason we got relegated to league one for the first time in our history (THE EPL money for the EPL season nearly all went to creditors so it definitely was not all written off), that admin has no bearing on our most recent promotion to the EPL and our title win.  Also as your post has proven we will never be able to shake it off, even in 100 years time people will be talking about this shameful part of our history and it cannot be defended, I am ashamed of it myself.  But the people to be blamed for it were the owners of the club at the time which were John Elsom and some others, and I cannot even find all their names as it looks like they have had almost all references to their ties with the club removed from google results, wiki etc.  Ultimately Martin George and John Elsom wasnt willing to plug the funding gap, and those two guys are the ones to blame.

As to the situation with hirst, been honest, I dont like what we did, it seems pitiful to do it to save a couple of million, he has under performed in Belgium yet we brought him in which clearly shows that was the agreement all along.  We wont get fined for it, as its a current loophole we exploited, but I do expect that loophole to now get closed.  I am sorry this happened, as I think we should have just let it go to tribunal and then paid up whatever was decided.  The current directors do act strange when it comes to money at times, sometimes they have splashed it around, other times they go excessive to save a few million, the reason we lost silva for an entire half season was because we were haggling to save 1.5million on the fee to bring him which made it late.

Edited by LCFC_Chrysalis

9 minutes ago, LCFC_Chrysalis said:

A lot of people got angry about our admin, and I have no issue with that, to be clear I was one of those people, the people running our club at the time should not have committed to spending they were not willing to back up out their own pockets, but that was a long time ago and with different owners.  Just to correct you tho, we didnt go in and out of admin at the blink of an eye as if nothing happened, we only regained ownership of our stadium 2 years ago, until then we were paying nearly 2 million a year in rent, we had practically no money to spend right up until the day mandaric brought the club, and it was a key reason we got relegated to league one for the first time in our history, that admin has no bearing on our most recent promotion to the EPL and our title win.  Also as your post has proven we will never be able to shake it off, even in 100 years time people will be talking about this shameful part of our history and it cannot be defended, I am ashamed of it myself.  But the people to be blamed for it were the owners of the club at the time which were John Elsom and some others, and I cannot even find all their names as it looks like they have had almost all references to their ties with the club removed from google results, wiki etc.  Ultimately Martin George and John Elsom wasnt willing to plug the funding gap, and those two guys are the ones to blame.

As to the situation with hirst, been honest, I dont like what we did, it seems pitiful to do it to save a couple of million, he has under performed in Belgium yet we brought him in which clearly shows that was the agreement all along.  We wont get fined for it, as its a current loophole we exploited, but I do expect that loophole to now get closed.  I am sorry this happened, as I think we should have just let it go to tribunal and then paid up whatever was decided.  The current directors do act strange when it comes to money at times, sometimes they have splashed it around, other times they go excessive to save a few million, the reason we lost silva for an entire half season was because we were haggling to save 1.5million on the fee to bring him which made it late.

Thought King Power bought it in 2013 ?

On 05/07/2019 at 17:10, Essix Blue said:

You know that for fact then?

ok. Fair enough

You think he went to play in the Belgian 2nd division for a year because he and his advisers thought that would be the best option to further his career?

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You think he went to play in the Belgian 2nd division for a year because he and his advisers thought that would be the best option to further his career?

It was obvious what would happen the day he went there.

The outrage and shock now he's completed the final part of the predictable jigsaw is comical.

I don't think the story has ended. Watch Leicester sell him for a couple of million, and his haterz will implode.

:ghoulguy:

20 minutes ago, LCFC_Chrysalis said:

A lot of people got angry about our admin, and I have no issue with that, to be clear I was one of those people, the people running our club at the time should not have committed to spending they were not willing to back up out their own pockets, but that was a long time ago and with different owners.  Just to correct you tho, we didnt go in and out of admin at the blink of an eye as if nothing happened, we only regained ownership of our stadium 2 years ago, until then we were paying nearly 2 million a year in rent, we had practically no money to spend right up until the day mandaric brought the club, and it was a key reason we got relegated to league one for the first time in our history (THE EPL money for the EPL season nearly all went to creditors so it definitely was not all written off), that admin has no bearing on our most recent promotion to the EPL and our title win.  Also as your post has proven we will never be able to shake it off, even in 100 years time people will be talking about this shameful part of our history and it cannot be defended, I am ashamed of it myself.  But the people to be blamed for it were the owners of the club at the time which were John Elsom and some others, and I cannot even find all their names as it looks like they have had almost all references to their ties with the club removed from google results, wiki etc.  Ultimately Martin George and John Elsom wasnt willing to plug the funding gap, and those two guys are the ones to blame.

If it is deemed to have been set up like a bridge transfer i don’t think there is a loop hole for that

Edited by Bluesteel

15 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Sell him

If you don't get an offer that you feel is merited?

We all know players have the power in football but I don't think many envisaged Leicester going to these lengths just to save a million or two. Lets face it, this hasn't worked out that well for anyone involved so far.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If you don't get an offer that you feel is merited?

We all know players have the power in football but I don't think many envisaged Leicester going to these lengths just to save a million or two. Lets face it, this hasn't worked out that well for anyone involved so far.

I think the whole plan was agreed and in place months before he left us.

Once we petulantly stopped him from playing, there was no way back.

30 minutes ago, LCFC_Chrysalis said:

Fair comment. Of course, the owners decide what to do, and, of course the real fans are the only ones with any loyalty and suffer the effects of those decisions. As you say, Leicester could easily have afforded to pay a fair price.  Football is very emotional for loyal fans and you can't really blame them for hoping Hirst flops after this episode when I believe he should have accepted Wednesdays very reasonable offer and continued his developement. I think he is now 20 and has never played in the Football league at any level. At his age his father was a prolific scorer in the top division. I've seen George play a few times and wasn't impressed. He's scored in his age group for England but stepping up to the FL, never mind PL is a massive ask.

We are in a precarious financial state and your club has deviously deprived us of much needed and fair funds. Our fans are going to be unhappy !

• Like 3

18 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

So hold on. You spend time learning a trade, you learn all the skills and you are amongst the best at what you do for your age.

someone offers you a new co tract that is t as much as someone else and you think he’s greedy for wanting to go, or at least ask for more so he can stay?  What world do you live in?

and then you think it’s right for the said boss to not let him carry on learning his trade and try to sabotage his career because he’s unhappy he wont take his smaller amount because doesn’t want to pay him as much.

Yeah right........

So, you are one of 12 apprentices, along with the said greedy monkey.

There are only 11 places.

You are just as good if not better, but you cannot get into the 11 because the cheeky monkey, who is going to leave in a year, has your place.

So you lose out on a years apprenticeship, how do you feel now?

Me and Neil have already been through this, he was working at B&Q laying paving stones :biggrin:.

No such thing in as loyalty in football these days, from either side. We still arnt in possession of the full facts to form a correct opinion. 

Players and mangers use clubs, clubs use players. Just look at derby and lampard, he was always going to go to chelsea, its quite funny watching derby fans calling him a snake, that was always the plan. 

Those that think they know only know one side. 

Frankly hes not our player and i care not one jot what he gets upto in his career. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest Willow Owl
20 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

But he did earn it. Because leicester were willing to pay it him, just because we weren’t doesn’t mean he isn’t worth it. 

does t matter if you me or anyone else rated him, someone was willing to give him that money, 

Like I said I have no problem with us not wanting to pay what leicester were but I do have a problem with how we handled it, it was shocking for the player and was always goi g to end bad financially once Chansiri spat out his dummy. 

Btw, I did rate him and I think he will go onto much bigger things, it is what it is,  

i agree leicester were flaps with it, but so were we to Hirst. And we did ourselves no favours handling it the way we did. Just thrown money away by cutting off our nose to spite our face. 

Chansiri didn't spit his dummy out though did he. He made a stance for the good of the club and refused to give in to greed. Hirst was probably dumped in the reserves because the club got wind of what they were plotting with Leicester.

Cannot understand why you are so convinced the club was wrong.

I have witnessed first hand Hirst seniors bitterness to the club and wouldnt put anything past him.

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

How much have Leicester paid that Belgian team for Hirst anyway?

:duntmatter:

Didn’t he have a five year contract with them. Assume they wanted a decent price for such a promising youngster?

Especially after a "successful " season. :Sid:

4 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

If they refuse to sign a new contract unless you pay them a Championship wage despite never having played at that level what can you do?

We can't really do anything. Premier League clubs are willing to pay stupid wages to kids. Some of them are willing to buy other clubs to circumvent rules on it. Close that loophole and they'll find another. We aren't on anything like a level playing field. 

4 hours ago, LCFC_Chrysalis said:

Appreciate your comments LCFC.

Just goes to show how money has screwed football. Unfortunately your unexpected Premier League win has only served to make the big money clubs spend more and makes the gulf even bigger.

• Like 1

I can’t believe how many of our own are defending Leicester. No excuse, they’re a rich club that have diddled us out of peanuts for them but a lot for us.

As I said already, the admin and FFP rules were both flouted by them twats before the rules came in too and that is what is holding us back. I never used to mind the foxes but now I’ll be routing for their relegation and back to tin pot status. As well as obviously Hirst being the flop he was in Belgium.

Understand why people are getting a bit upset here, David Hirst is a legend for this football club make no bones about it 

People jumping to conclusions left right and centre though,  not a chance does anyone on here know what went on behind closed doors , people using it as a stick to beat Chansiri might wanna remember Hirsty snr is more than free and able to come back and clear his name if what Chansiri said was wrong or hasn’t given the full story 

Been nowt heard from the bloke since he walked out on his academy job cus getting George a deal was interfering, would a club legend not wanna clear his name