George Hirst

1 hour ago, York_Owl said:

I'm not blaming Hirst for our financial plight.  Just think we have been cheated out of two million quid by Leicester who have found a back door way of signing him for nowt.  And that two million quid would have come in handy re FFP.

You have to ask why DC didn't take the 2 million as he then decided to freeze him out whilst his contract ran down. It would indeed have been useful re FFP.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, vulva said:

It’s a decent sign of how far we’ve fallen in the football pecking order when clubs like Leicester are givin it the ‘big club’ thing. I’ve got yoghurts in the fridge with more history. 

I remember the BBC crowned it the UK's sporting capital or something a couple of years ago. That freak title win and Gary Linekar have a f*cking lot to answer for. What else is there? A rugby team?

3 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

You have to ask why DC didn't take the 2 million as he then decided to freeze him out whilst his contract ran down. It would indeed have been useful re FFP.

With the benefit of hindsight we probably shoud have but, I'm not going to criticise DC for trying to keep hold of one of our talented youngsters.

• Like 2

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

I remember the BBC crowned it the UK's sporting capital or something a couple of years ago. That freak title win and Gary Linekar have a f*cking lot to answer for. What else is there? A rugby team?

Some bald fatfucker who used to play Snooker.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, vulva said:

Not the point. This is a deliberate circumnavigation of the rules. Stuff like this is why clubs having links/ownership with other clubs was stopped in the first place. 

The whole thing stinks in so many ways. If Leicester want him, buy him. If they can’t agree a price, wait until the contact expires. 

Leicester want the book throwing at them, and I sincerely hope the FA and UEFA get involved, suspend the transfer and the lad rots for 12 months. 

Damn right - and he’s already rotted for 24 months. 

What a dïck

I really don't get the obsession with Hirst Jnr.  He's no longer our player. He didn't want to be our player. He's not as good as everyone makes out.... as the last twelve months have clearly shown. We released a player this summer who was supposedly one of the top fifty youngsters in the world and no one bats an eyelid. 

Can we move on now please. It's so chuffing boring. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Sorry, whats the issue here.

We got offered a million and turned it down. 

Lad runs his contract down and signs for another club, Leuven with Pearson.

After a season Leicester sign him.

We had our chance to take the money or work out a deal. 

You really do not like Chansiri do you 

2 hours ago, southportdc said:

We might have got a nice little bit of money, but hardly anything life-changing for the club. If Leicester want to mess around like that for a few million, then go for it. It's not going to make much of an impact on them or us in the long term.

Move on from him, he's not a Wednesday player any more. Who gives a fizz about Leicester?

All well and good, but what if he hadn't been at Wednesday, what if he'd been at someone like Crewe or Accrington or Bury?

For them that lost fee could easily be the difference between survival or folding, surely it's the principle that matters rather than the fact it happened to us?

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Its the wider implication that's the issue though, Leicester do it so do Man Utd, Man City, Chelsea.

Why is any football team outside of the premier league going to develop young talent when the player can be bought by a foreign feeder club the avoid paying for them.

Which is why the loophole must be closed.